SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail:test promotion using POS inbound

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI~

I get a promotion problem.

I use t-code:WAK1 creating Promotion:PRO01.

I want to test coupon and bonus buy whether work or not.

Then I use T-code:WPUK to simulating POS inbound and enter value like this:

Qual:006

number:art00

invoiced qty:1

sales value:none(I guess the price will take from PRO01)

promotion:PRO01

and saved.

It can create IDOC successfully but net price in billing doc is 0.

POS inbound doesn't read data from promotion.

Is it wrong way to test promotion or I miss something for test?

anybody can help me?

Thanks~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Allan_Weiss
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You need to enter a sale price in transaction WPUK as no matter what the price is on the promotion an item can be sold at a different sales price at POS, therefore SAP ECC needs to know what happened at POS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Allan_Weiss
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You need to enter a sale price in transaction WPUK as no matter what the price is on the promotion an item can be sold at a different sales price at POS, therefore SAP ECC needs to know what happened at POS.

0 Kudos

Thank you for you reply.

Just like you say, I need to enter price in WPUK.

But I have another problem, bonus buy doesn't work in WPUK or VA01.

I don't see any solution thread and someone says bonus buy only works on POS, not on Retail.

I want to know whether it is true.

anybody can answer me?

Thanks~

0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

just like Allan said, there is no price determination in POS Inbound in SAP ERP. The reason - as stated above - is, that every item can be sold at a different price at POS (e.g. because of small damage). So POS-System has to "tell" the ERP, to which price an item is sold. The same is to be considered with the bonus buy: bonus buy can be used to transfer the information to POS. But it is not considered via POS Inbound.

In POS-Inbound, the ERP is only doing a promotion determination, which means, that the systems determines, if there is a promotion running for an article in a store and posts the promotion number in the billing document - this is for reporting.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I understand POS-Inbound doesn't access any pricing procedure.

If I enter promotion number in POS-Inbound, POS-Inbound also doesn't access promotion. It just record the number in billing.

My understanding is right?

According your explanation, I have another question. The bonus buy's pricing procedure is BB0000. If I don't have any POS system on hand, can I test condition record in BB0000 that access correctly in SAP Retail?  Or bonus buy have to work with POS system?

Thank you for your patience to reading.

0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

First question: yes, your understanding is right.

Second question: as far as I know, there is no integration of Bonus Buy in SD-Pricing anywhere in ERP. The Bonus Buy transaction can be used to define Bonus Buys and send them to POS-System. The logic, when a bonus buy at POS should be used, has to be in POS-System.

Hope that clarifies your questions.

Regards

Tobias