cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBPD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could some one tell me how RBPD can work on a normal scenario? Like an example from someone who uses it?

Also, someone was telling me that, with RBPD, it can analyse your ECC system for configuration, and can create the Business Blueprint based on it? Its too good to believe it ? Please help.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I only built the prototype, not used in productive mode yet, becaue for RBPD you had to maintain all the custom transaction used by business processes in solar01, this is the biggest challenge for us, we had more number of custom modifications.

but you can contact sap press author Benjamin, directly from this blog, they might help you

Please do share your experience or info you got from him.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All of you. I shall check these and post my updates. Thanks again

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

heiko_hecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

SDA and RBPD analyze more of transactions/programs used and number of entries in tables, e.g. number of invoices etc.

SDA and RBPD don't analyze detailed configuration but other tools like RBE Plus do that on top of SAP Solution Manager, e.g. RBE Plus can created detailed documentation which can be linked into SAP Solution Manager.

Best Regards,

Heiko

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Don't forget to check below note here you get the file

SAP Note 1591505 - Content for Reverse Business Process

Documentation

its simple get the file upload to Solution documentation Assistant workcenter and create analysis because analysis project is automatically created when you upload content to it.

secondly make sure you have all the data already available means the technical data EWA etc.

Check the Pre -requisites for SDA usage like roles required in solution manager RFC with required authorizations for standard users etc

for your user executing on solman you need SAP_SDA_ALL

check security guide on SMP

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000482312011E.PDF

hope it helps

regards

prakhar

amsidory
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I guess Rani has posted a right blog for you to get started.

RBPD can be done either via reference as IBIS or BPR. The analysis you get gives a snapshot of your ECC system ; you can then create a blueprint and involve your BP experts to map the unmapped ( e.g. custom transation) objects to the exisitng BP structure or create new processes/ step .

Let me know if you have specific query.

you might want to look at https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/rbpd

thanks

-Amit-