Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 Upgrade issue with Sender SOAP Adapter

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a ton of scenarios which use SOAP adapter and and the problem is that the scenarios which use Sender SOAP from 6.40 to 7.3 do not work unless we sepcify CallSapAdapter manually in the module tab. Shouldn't this be taken care of by default ? As a workaround we have to manually update all comm channels to use 710 or higher and replace Module Name sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/XISOAPAdapterBean with CallSapAdapter.

Is there a way to resolve this issue or a patch available for it ?

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Check out OSS note 1733761 "PI SOAP Adapter: Cannot invoke call from within a transactional context "  This should answer your question.

Kind regards,

Richard

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Richard !! The note states that I have to manually do it for all scenarios. I was hoping there was a better way or a patch with would automate it.

Thanks,

Kiran

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

the solution in note 1733761 was a workaround but there is now a fix available. The note has been updated to references the notes to apply, i.e.,

1745174   Transactional delivery of messages for Integrated
Scenarios

1746129   Cannot invoke call from within a transactional
context

Best Regards

Kenny

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kenny !! This is perfect !! I had to stay back and update over 300 odd comm channels for our DEV box !!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adapter type in channel configuration: Is it SOAP SAP BASIS 7.3 adapter meta data type (or) SOAP BASIS 6.40 adapter meta data type?

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Its SAP Basis 7.3. The CallSapAdapter module name seems to work for 7.1 and 7.3 but you have to update it manually.

Thanks,

Kiran