cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMTA output not proposed successfully in background

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a application that changes the delivery document (which should result in the proposal of WMTA and creation of transfer order) with custom idoc posting program (Changes to delivery document is done using BDC).

When the IDOC is posted immediately, the program works fine and the WMTA output is proposed and transfer order created

On the other hand, when IDOC is set for collective processing the posting program fails with VL609 message (

Delivery has not yet been put away / picked (completely))

I guess the transfer order creation does not work in background processing for some reason. I cannot see any error message (though i see certain notes that advise the creation of mail control in such scenarios to provide the reason for failure). Please do let me know if you have any ideas or how this can be changed to work in background.     

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is a custom program then an ABAPer needs to look at the program. There are certain things that work in foreground and do not work in background. I'm not convinced though if this is exactly the issue, but again - if it's a custom program, then an answer would be in that program, not in the forum.

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it is a custom IDOC processing program for changing the delivery... but the WMTA is a standard SAP output type and it calls the standard SAP output processing program ..  and the error message we are getting is a standard error message.

basically when we change the delivery with immediate posting of IDOC everything works.. Delivery gets changed , WMTA output gets proposed and Transfer order created.

when we change the delivery with collective processing and execute RBDAPP01 in background, Delivery gets changed and we get the above error (WMTA output may have been proposed, but it does not show in the delivery document).. When I propose the WMTA in VL02N and then process the WMTA output in background (RSNAST00), it works...

for some reason combination of processing the delivery document in background  (actual change to delivery doc is done via BDC) and WMTA immediately from that delivery document change does not work... On the other hand, the same delivery document change in immediate processing and WMTA immediately works.

it is possible that custom changes could be causing the error, but i doubt that is the case.  i would like to understand what is being done wrong (based on the information provided) or if someone has encountered this before. and if there are ways to fix this issue (configuration?), so that we can process the IDOC in background.

One possible reason may be that WMTA gets executed asynchronous when we post the delivery idoc in background (and locking comes into the effect ?)..If that is the case, how do we avoid?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will OSS Note 566090 - FAQ for immediate transfer order creation help you?

As you have mentioned, you can try with mail control functionality to find the root cause.

Regards,

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jelena.. Yes, it was custom code (in vofm requirements that suppressed the WMTA output in background)... It was pure oversight on my part that resulted in my missing that thread.

Answers (0)