cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Specification of a SAP APO Junior Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am on a graduate scheme at a leading pharmaceutical company and have just finished my 1st of 3 years on the scheme. I have a 1 year review coming up where I will be asked where I am in becoming a SAP APO Junior Consultant.

It would be very interesting to get everyone's opinion on what they think a Junior APO Consultant is? What you think they should have achieved by now? And what level they should be at?

To give some background on me, I had no SAP experience when I started this role and I have now successfully passed the TERP10 certification and APO certification. I am now working on the build/test phase of our project doing the configuration of DP and also being used in our design team to help with the configuration/testing of these new pieces of functionality

Thanks in advance for your answer

Mark 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I have seen Junior consultants who can barely log onto an SCM system.  I have also seen Junior consultants who can competently configure 2 or more modules in APO, and can write code as well.  Most Junior consultants fall between these two extremes.

Realistically, though, my opinion (and anyone else's opinion in this forum)  is irrelevant.  The most important opinion is the expectation of your supervisors and your managers.  Different companies have different standards. 

If you don't have an intimate knowledge the expectations of your bosses, you need to immediately schedule some time with them to get an interim assessment.  Don't wait for the one year interview to be surprised.  If  your progress is unsatisfactory, you need to know NOW so that you can address whatever shortcomings they think you have.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49