cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration option - trigger separate sales order line

Former Member
0 Kudos

An option in a characteristic requires you to sell an option loose.  This was previously all done in configuration because it was easy to force the characteristic values inside of the KMAT, but long story short the shipping of the KMAT and the required item do not happen simultaneously.

Is there a function to be able to force a line on a sales order based on a chosen option in VC?

i.e. Sales order line 0010 is the KMAT

option X in the KMAT should trigger something on line 0020 of the sales order

I know this is far fetched, and it even seems silly to ask.  Our current suggestion is this should be solved by the business process and sales education of the user.

Maybe a different approach would be, can you trigger a message box based on the configuration of the machine?  "Combination requires sale of XYZ"

Hunting for solutions or tips.

Similar thread here;

http://scn.sap.com/message/13445300#13445300

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think message can be easily added in a user exit. Adding another line item is more tricky and, even more so, ensuring that these two lines "stay together". If adding a message resolves an issue in most cases, I'd go for that option since it's much less complex and has no impact on the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree Jelena, I believe at most a message box could be done either via exit or function in vc.  I think attempting to add a second line is going too far.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain a BOM with Usage-5.

The KMAT material can be configured and depending on a particular Char-1 = X, a selection condition against a BOM compnent triggers the selection.

Maintain the configuration profile of the KMAT matl as below.

Config Parameter Tab

Process --> Sales Order (SET)

Parameters for BOM explosion --> SD01

BOM Explosion --> Single Level

After configuring KMAT matl in the sales order line item, go to Result and select one or multiple BOM components, which you want to bring into subsequent line items.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Rajesh Mohapatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh, I like your creativity.

Current problem with that is that all KMATs are currently BOM usage 1 and all profiles are Plnd/Prod order, and there are already configured objects out there.  So it may not be worth it for us to (try to) switch, considering how low this volume is.

Of course we could test this idea in DEV.  I might give that a try today.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There shall be no issues if you maintain a SD BOM for the KMAT matls with Usage-5, parallely with Usage-1.

Further please take care of Higher Level ItCat assignment, to get the desired result for the parent & child items eg. ItCat TAC (KMAT/ Gr-0002) with ItCat TAN (Non KMAT/ Gr-NORM).

Regards,

Rajesh Mohapatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

our experiences with alternate BOMs and usages have been fairly negative; it's not well adopted and users make a lot of mistakes.  bigger issue is timing the change of the configuration profile due to all of the previously configured objects (you can't simply switch an existing profile from plnd/prod order to set).  maybe worth looking at for a new series of products, but again probably not worth the benefit of wrestling against open objects (orders) etc.

still, good ideas.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Straz,

I would still suggest what Rajesh had suggested.

Why do you want to have a configuration profile with Pland/Prod Order , when you want the profile to be applicable for SO configuration alone.

Even if for some reason, you have your profile set up this way, it is not a problem.

The elegant solution is to have a BOM for this main item which contains the material you want to sell loose. This BOM with the selection condition will fetch you the sub material based on your configuration value.

Having said that you should also be looking at the implications of pricing.Do you want to price the sub item also? If no, then the solution is clearly suggested as of now. If you want to price both the main item and sub item, then this solution may need to be tested once as this may have to fall in the rule of ERLA , LUMF in BOM perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

again, unable to switch a current profile already set as plnd/prod order to a set.

separate line does need to price.  works fine manually, someone just had the idea of the line automatically appearing based on the configuration of the machine.

good suggestions, thanks.