cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI 850 PO Cancel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to configure EDI 850 Purchase Order Cancel. I would like to get some advice from an expert here if I am on the right track.

To do this, I am using the action segment in E1EDK01-ACTION:

'001' reverse entire document.

Will the '001' reverse entire document cancel the sales order that corresponds to the PO cancel that is sent?

ps: I will not forget to reward points!! Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if you can cancel a document with EDI message, I think you cannot do it because it could have delivered status.

So you can manage this operation placing in the items a rejection reason that allows a 'logical' cancellation of the sales document.

pls. reward if helpful

regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means, the sales order will not be cancelled as how we can do it manually. However, the items in the order will be rejected, hence the sales order becomes somewhat invalid.

Is that it?

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you are right.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the use of that 001 Reverse Whole Document for in that ACTION code? Have you ever used it before?

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry, never used.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't specify reason for rejection for items in a sales order that has subsequent document(delivery doc.). Like you said- this sales order has a delivery status.

If sales order doesn't have a subsequent document, we can cancel it using your suggestion. What about if it has delivery status? How could it be cancelled? Anyone else has done PO Cancel in EDI before? Any help??

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the order was delivered you cannot do nothing because you already shipped it to the customer ! but if it is partially delivered you can reject the item.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not what I meant when I said order with delivery status. Sales Order and delivery document is created, however picking and goods issue is not done yet.

Customer has not received the goods yet.

Answers (0)