cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map/convert date/time varchar fields in SAP tables to DAYTIME fields in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SLT to synchronise SAP tables from AFS and ECC6 into HANA.  Currently the tables have just been created by the synchronisation process in HANA and SAP table date fields become NVARCHAR STRING in HANA.

For example, SAP table TBTCO (Batch Job Overview)

Field      Type     Length

----------------------------

SDLDATE    DATS     8

SDLTIME    TIMS     6

becomes in HANA

Field      SQL DType    CS DType   Length

------------------------------------------

SDLDATE    NVARCHAR     STRING     8

SDLTIME    NVARCHAR     STRING     6

So, that we can make best use of the native date and time comparisons possible in HANA, we would like

these source fields to combine to be stored as native HANA DAYTIME.  Is this possible when performing

simple synchronisation of tables using SLT, or do we have to use the full-on ETL facilities within SLT?

Regards

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SLT, type mapping can be done using table IUUC_REPL_TYPMAP (in the SLT system). You can make an entry in this table specifying the source data type and the target HANA type.

Remember, it is done at a the mass transfer ID level which means the setting that you make here will affect all tables/columns involved.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent.  Thank you Anooj.

Two more questions to complete my understanding of this question, if I may.

1)  I can use this table to convert SAP DATS fields to HANA DATE and SAP TIMS fields to HANA TIME, but is it also supported to concatenate the SAP DATS and TIMS fields, where appropriate, to make a HANA DAYTIME timestamp or is that for a more complex ETL function?

2) Am I missing some documentation source other than help.sap.com/hana that would have told me about the IUUC_REPL_TYPMAP table and it's function?

Many thanks for your help.

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you want to achieve this in SLT, I think you can achieve this by extending the target table structure with a new timestamp field - for this you will need to create a new target table structure (with this new field) either in source or the SLT system, maintain table IUUC_REPL_TABSTG, create ABAP include to define transformation rules and maintain table IUUC_ASS_RUL_MAP.

You can find the details in the SLT configuration guide - http://help.sap.com/hana/hana_slt_config_en.pdf

2. You are right, there is no information about this table in the help documents. I found this table mentioned in a SAP HANA Webinar I attented on SLT few months ago and I had a made a note of it then.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Anooj

schfer_christian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, do you know a Way to get a DateTime Column from MSSQL Server to TIMESTAMP in SAP HANA by using SLT ?

It only automatic maps to Char(23)

There is no Timestamp listed in IUUC_REPL_TYPMAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

In SLT, if i want to do  type mapping by using table IUUC_REPL_TYPMAP (in the SLT system), According to the previous information in the thread, it states that the change of the datatype will be at mass transfer level, So what if i have already replicated the tables into HANA where the date fields type is stored as Nvarchar ,SO does it mean that all the tables which are already replicated into HANA will have  a change of datatype as well or do we need to re-replicate all the replicated tables in HANA(when i change the datatype of a field for a particular MT_ID)

Thanks,

Sneha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

What if I want to convert the Date type to NVARCHAR only for a particular Table. In my case I don't want this setting to be enabled global.

Do you have any suggestions ?

Regards,

HA