cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization required for transporting XI objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What authorizations are required to transport XI objects using File System?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sindy,

You dont need to have any authorizations for transporting the individuals objects from IR and ID. Only thing is you should have a userid and pwd to login into IR and ID. Then you can do.

For transporting the objects from dev to QA or QA to prod you should have access to login into the root directory of the XI box. If you dont have the access then your basis guys can do this for you. But for this you dont need to have any authorizations only the access is needed. This holds true if you are using file system as transporation.

If you use CMS then you need authorizations to transport also.

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for replying.

Actually I do have a user name and password to access IR and ID but not the required user role to export objects.

May be my question should have been 'What user roles should be assigned to my username for transporting XI objects using File System?'.

Sindy...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have a developer role assigned to your user name. Then I think you should be able to transport the objects.

Check this link for some help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish / Pooja

Thanks for the links.

I do have a developer role but when i tried exporting XI objects from IR, i'm prompted with the message "No authorization for this action"

Sindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sindy,

This is the problem with your userid or all the other userids. Also with your userid are you able to do any other operation like copying an object etc?

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can perform other operations (copying etc..)

Same authorization problem with other user id having the same profile as mine. May be the required 'dialog user role' or 'service user role' for transporting objects is not assigned to those user ids. But I'm not sure which one.

Sindy...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dialog or Service user should not be a problem. It should work with both of them.

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If you go to transaction SU01D and type in your user name, you'll get a list of dialog user roles and service user roles assigned to your username under the tab <i>Roles</i> and <i>Profiles</i> respectively.

So, my question is what specific user role should be assigned to a username to be able to transport XI objects using File system?

Sindy....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Sindy,

I am not sure if you had solved the problem by now or not.

But as the thread doesn't seem to be complete so let me try to

answer your question.

To enable developer tp transport, you need to assign him SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_ABAP and SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE

roles as well in addition to the existing roles.

Thanks and Regards,

Arundeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arundeep,

Thanks for the reply. Managed to find out the roles required for transporting objects.

Best regards,

Sindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know Satish has answered your question, but just to add some more info to it , have a look at this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm

From above link :

<i>Prerequisites

During the export, a packaged binary file is created in a directory defined on the repository server (or directory server). To import this file to another Integration Repository (or Integration Directory), you must manually copy it to an import directory (see below). <b>You require the appropriate authorizations to be able to access directories on the SAP Web Application Server.</b>

</i>

thanks,

Pooja

PS: Award points for helpful answer