cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in appending

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are having some vendor in 6 digit format but they need to be in 10 digit format. We want to prepend them with 4 digit.I tried to apply operator in import manger so that value can be converted into 10 digit.But in match records step its leading to create scenerio insted of update.

kindly suggest here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

You can follow the below procedure for your requirement.

1. Select the vendors from data manager which vendor number to be append.

2. Export those vendor to excel along with MDM auto id.

3. Change the vendor number in excel & import those vendor through import manager.

4. In matching record step instead selecting vendor number, select MDM auto id as unique field.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Richa's solution. You can clone the source field and map them -one converted to 10 digits and other non converted. The non converted can be used in matching critera.

However, in case you are using MDM as Centralized Repository and if MDM is the source for other downstream systems and 10digits is decided as the Standard, then I will suggest you to correct the Vendors Nos( if they are not 10 digits) in MDM(through Data manager). This will ensure that the Master vendor repository has correct format of Vendors Nos and now can serve as source to other systems as well. Also, you if you correct/update the Vendor Nos in MDM, you will NOT need to do any adjustments in the import map.

-Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

If I understand correctly-  After applying the operator, when you go to matching mode you are seeing those records as new instead of update.

This is because you have appended them with some digits and they are now new numbers which are not existing in repository. Hence, import manager is not able to identify and showing them as new.

Don't use this field as a matching criteria. Map some other unique field (like remote key) also along with this field and then, use that unique field for the matching purpose. You would get single exact and then update.

Let me know if it helps!

Regards

Richa

bastinvinoth
Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not understand this question,

you are trying to say like following these??

1. '1234    ' --> '00001234'

2. 'ABCD    ' --> 'ABCD    '

3. ' 1234   ' --> '00001234'

Conversion from the internal to the external format (function module CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT) is undertaken in exactly the opposite manner.

Check this thread

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks & Regards,

BASTIN VINOTH NG

SAP Technical Consultant,

Unisoft Infotech Pvt. Ltd.,

************************************************************************************************************************

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastin,

I am trying to say that  am having some vendor ex.123456 and i want them to be converted like 0000123456 format in import manger.Before importing so that  in Data manger we have the value 0000123456 for that vendor.

let me know if you need any otehr clarification.

thanks.

bastinvinoth
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Could you please little more specific about import manager???

These CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT conversion routine is used to add the leading zeros in input value.

for example if you send material value as 12346723

This will return 0000012346723 since matnr has 18 chars length.

can you goto that relevant program and  use implicit enhancement and pass CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT .

then see the difference.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks & Regards,

BASTIN VINOTH NG

SAP Technical Consultant,

Unisoft Infotech Pvt. Ltd.,

*********************************************************************************************************

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

As explained by you, you will not be able to match the records if you have converted the original values in Import Manager. So you can use any of the below given solutions:

• In Import Manager, Create a clone field, this will be used as matching field and other converted field will be used for updating Vendor numbers.

• You can use Assignment in Data Manager so that you can execute this assignment once for all the records to make them of 10 digit length and then use for import purpose.

• Also you can combine the Import and Assignment step through MDM Workflow. Here, you need to take 6 digit vendor numbers only in the import manager, but after the import of records, workflow will be triggered which in turn will trigger the assignment to update the vendor numbers of only those records which have been updated through Import.

• If you require to standardize all vendor numbers, then using Assignment as one time option will be easiest.

I hope this helps you. Kindly let me know in case you have any issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj