cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Operating Mode for Dashboards on Mobile Platform today.

former_member192430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to get some useful dashboard outputs[SWF based/Flash File] on mobile devices. I have tried using various browsers for the display, both on android and iOS based devices, yet the best result that I could achieve was on Android where the downloaded swf did play well but when I tried executing it with the backend BI connection it faltered and the output was really bad.

Any suggestions on what can be the best mode of operating an Xcelcius Dashboard with BICS or SAP Netweaver BW connection on iOS and on Android based device ?

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Niether one of them would be the best approach. If you want to design a dashboard for mobile devices with Xcelsius, you need to keep it really simple. Android devices support swf however the performance with xcelsius is terrible especially if your dashboard is really complex. Moreover, xcelsius is not actually designed to run on mobile devices because flash is not designed that way.

You cannot run xcelsius dashboards on ipads or iphones since they do not have flash support, but you can check out 3rd party solutions by Exxova and Antivia.

http://www.exxova.com/

http://www.antivia.com/

SAP is planning to release a new version of Xcelsius with HTML5 export and also another brand new dashboard application which is called Zen for now just for mobile devices.

For now, I would recommend you use SAP BI application for both Android, ipad, and iphone. Also, there is another app for ipad and iphone called Expericence (if your BO system is lower then BO 4.0 SP4 then SBO Explorer). These are really cool applications.

former_member192430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Zahid; I too had ended up with the same options that you have mentioned above.

I tried the trial versions of iswifter and EXXOVA on iOS which didn't work out as I couldn't execute my own dashboard using those.

In case of android the Dashboard ran just fine using the SWF apps available there but then the issue there was the back-end connectivity which on refreshing the portal was giving some connectivity and dashboard display issue.

What we need is the same solution that SAP is trying to deliver[ZEN] but then we need it now

Hence, looking for some alternatives for a stable solution which can be achieved via any third party tool.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

As Zahid mentioned, Third party alternatives exist that can help you remedy your current problem.  I work for one of the companies that Zahid brings up and I can take any of your existing .swf files and have them running on an iPad or Android device (without any modification of your content) in about an hours time.  If you'd like to learn more about how we can help please feel free to contact me at my desk number below.

Sincerely,

Mark Maurer

678-387-1858 

former_member192430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark,

I would like to get in touch with you, can you please tell me what time would be suitable for you. I am not sure of the time zone you are in but will 5:30 PM IST be good for you ?

Regards,

Abhishek

+91-9873052412

GMT:+5:30:00