Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment and Assigned Values for Materials / Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Case:

I have a project which includes the following:

1. Project Structure: WBS and Networks (Activity Assigned)

2. Budget Availability Checks for PR and PO (at annual released amount)

I have planned some materials (item cat L with valuated project stock) for USD 2000 and services for USD 4000. When I run the report S_ALR_87013533 (Plan/Actual/Commit), it shows the following:

-       Materials: Commitments and Assigned Values at WBS = USD 0 (which is correct)

-       Services: Commitments at WBS = USD 0; Assigned Values at WBS = USD 4000

When I allocate USD 5000 budget to the project and release the amount of only USD 2500, the system throws an error of budget exceed for the WBS element (Services) by the amount of USD 1500 just because of the assigned values.

Similarly, when the PR (not converted to PO) for material is closed, the system reduces the commitments and assigned values for the WBS, however, in case of service PR close, the system reduces the commitments and not the assigned values.

Desired Outcome:

System should change the assigned values for the services at WBS element level when ever the commitments are updated.

What is needed to achieve the desired outcome?

Regards

Shoaib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the issue of Assigned Values of Service Activity prior to Service PR for the WBS element. It is concerned with Order Value Updating for Orders

Following config settings are required:

1. Check the Planning Indicator in the Network Type (TCode: OPSC)

Use this indicator to specify that you are only using the network for planning. All of the           planned costs from this network will be appended to the WBS element, however, they           do not raise the assigned values.

2. Un-check the Order Planned Value as Assigned Funds in Order Value Indicator (TCode: OPSV)

If you select this indicator, the plan values for an order with status "Opened" are entered in the assigned values for the PSP element as order requests.

Regards

Shoaib

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sohib,

when PR make commitment will come in report in S_ALR_87013533

PR delete commitment remove from report S_ALR_87013533

once you complete PR into the PO then assign value will update in system check report

assignment value will update only in that case when PR convert into PO case.

Regards,

Sanjeev