cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDUG template won't generate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the program GRFN_MDUG to generate a template but when it completes running, no file is generated.

According to the end user guide SAP GRC Master Data Upload Generator 10.0 document, I should expect to see a File Name field under Maintain ID manually.

Instead, I get:

Maintain ID Manually

Include Regulation data

Multiple languages

Select languages

Hope someone out there can help.

Regards

Amir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

It looks like you have checked the option of "maintain Id Manually" while executing the program "GRFN_MDUG".Can you try by deselecting it.

Additionally ,you can refer to the SAP note -  1563286 and 1684455.

Please try to check the SLG1 logs to confirm if any error is generated there.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silky,

I don't think either note applies in this case are we're already on SP9.

Also, I haven't got the "maintain id manually" check box ticked.

Please see attached.

Regards

Amir

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

These are the additional options provided like multiple language support , regulation support , etc.

Can you please confirm what happend when you click on "Execute button" on button.

In the case it shows nothing , check the slg1 transaction for the logs. make sure first you enabled the logs there by executing the transaction SM30 , enter view "GRFNVLOGENABLE" and maintain

Subobject        Position    Pattern

IO_EXPORT       2                *

IO_IMPORT         3                 *

Regards,

Silky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

When I execute, it runs for about 5 minutes and comes back with nothing.  It's possible that it's generating something in the background, but when completed, there's no file for me to download.

I've already got logging turned on but nothing shows up in SLG1 at all.  Nothing under my username.  Is that strange?  Should I expect to see some confirmation messages at least?

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

In Slg1 , try by giving Object as "GRFN" and subobject as "IO_IMPORT" and external ID as "*".

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried running with the parameters you suggested and also wide open.  Nothing in SLG1 unfortunately. 

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

Please make a check in ST22 transaction to confirm if there is any dump.

Regards,

Silky

Former Member
0 Kudos

nothing unfortunately.  Just one entry for all of today and it wasn't even generated by me.

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

It could be that the system network is working slow.

Try with some other network or other system as it no log / dump is generated then it should generate the

excel.

Regard,

silky