Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMLT- Support package import after Language Installation

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have little confusion related to SMLT --> Language import.

I have installed ECC 6.0 EHP5 system freshly.

I have imported ARABIC language package in this system. (I have taken this package from same version Language DVDs of ECC 6.0 EHP5).

Next step is import of SMLT --> Select the Language--> Special Actions--> Import Support Packages

When I do this, i get screen where all support packages are marked in green.

Most are with status: Translation already exists for this Support Package

and few with status: Language not in package. Language not necessary.

Normally, I have installed languages in already used systems. (e.g used since several years).

In such systems, I always get big list of support packages with RED color in this screen.

(That must be because many support package must have been installed after initial installation).

This is my first experience of installing language in freshly installed system.

And i assume that in my case no support package are show in in RED (required to be imported) because

1) i have not applied any support packages after fresh installation and

2) I have imported language package of same version,

I want to know whether this system behavior (of not showing any support package in RED) is correct??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are absolutely correct . If you would have imported the language pack after applying support packages on top of the fresh installation , then you would have to import the language parts of the applied support package for the language that you have installed as the new translations would be overwritten by obsolete translations . Since the support package level of the language package is same as of the installation support package level , you do not have to do anything as of now. This is why you see everything as GREEN.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks Ratnajit for confirming my understanding.

I would also like to know below in continuation with above scenatio:

1) Language supplementation is client specific. I have already performed this in client 000.

Do I have to run in client 001 ?

2) I currently do no have any more clients. I will now do client copy from client 000 to new client 100.

In this case , since i will be doing client copy after language import+supplementation in client      000,Do i have to again run supplementation in new client 100 ??

2) I will be now upgrading SPS to latest level.

In this case, will Ababic language specific parts be imported along?? OR

I will have to run SMLT --> Select the Language--> Special Actions--> Import Support Packages      again ?

Thanks.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. If you do not have any plans of using client 001 , then language supplementation is not required .

Else do it in  client 001.

Supplementing in client 000 is a must.

2. You do not need to run supplementation again in 100 after a copy from 000. You can run it just to be double sure , there are no missing texts of the language and its supplemented properly by the supplement language.

3. Arabic language specific text is part of the support packages . You do not need to run the

SMLT --> Select the Language--> Special Actions--> Import Support Packages 

You can doble check if anything is in red , but that should not be ideally.

Regards

Ratnajit

gsatheeshkumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good info...

Answers (0)