cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit to order scenario with EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am configuring Kit TO Order Scenario with VAS order.

All necessary config are set up.   But somehow, I am not able to generate a VAS order for this.

1. Packaging spec. exists with a valid condition record and it has only one level for kitting.
  2. I configured Item Type OKM for Kit header material and it has VAS relevance set to 1 (Creation during Warehouse Request creation)
  3. Status profile is configured (hopefully it is correct as I used standard one: /SCDL/OUT_PRD_DLV_KTO).
  4. Qty offset profile : /SCWM/OUT_PRD_DLV_KTO for my Item Type : OKM

I created a Sales Order in ERP and I can see BOM exploded in ERP sales order/Delivery. As per status profile, Kit header  item is not relevant for picking in EWM.

So, I am expecting a VAS order to be created automatically for the Kit header item in EWM.  But  the system did not create a VAS order.

Now, as a next step, I tried to create VAS order for my Outbound Delivery in EWM manually with Transaction:  /SCWM/VAS_O.

Here, I get the error message “Pack spec with kitting level. Creation not possible”.

Can you please identify the missing config/steps if any and guide me through to set up the Kit To Order Scenario?

Regards,

Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EWM Experts,

I Still could not find a reason why hierarchy level "+" is not displayed in the ODO for a Kit To Order delivery.

Do we need to CIF BOM from ERP to EWM?

Also, please clarify whether should we have the Kit BOM be replicated to EWM system?  Is this casusing the problem? If yes, I have already CIFed BOM from ERP. But where can we display the BOM in EWM?

Expect your valuable inputs on this.

regards,

Shetty

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Do we need to CIF BOM from ERP to EWM?

Also, please clarify whether should we have the Kit BOM be replicated to EWM system?  Is this casusing the problem? If yes, I have already CIFed BOM from ERP. But where can we display the BOM in EWM?"

That definetely not. EWM does not know anything about BOMs.

Not shure right now if you should have a + for the components, need to check tomorrow.

Brgds

Juergen

Just checked: in my system there is a + for the components, so it seems to be something wrong there.

Message was edited by: Juergen Pitz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen Pitz and Shetty,

I am facing exactly the same issue that Shetty had faced.

1)The sign + does not comes in the Out delivery in EWM

2) Automatically VAS order is not generated-

Now, as a next step, I tried to create VAS order for my Outbound Delivery in EWM manually with Transaction:  /SCWM/VAS_O.I get error as Pack spec with kitting level. Creation not possible”.

@Shetty :how did you resolved this issue

@Juergen Pitz: request your help!

Thanks All,

Jasmeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It took many days to solve this issue finally

There is a field "Delivery Group" in OBD as well as Sales Order.

All line items with in delivery (Kit Header+ Components) must have the same vlue (eg:  = 1). if the delivery group is same for all items, then the + symbold appears in EWM.

This is a pre- req for kit to order.  This field is configurable in ecc.(forgot path... )

regards,

shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicely done Shetty. Will write that down.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can configure delivery group in Item Category (VOV7), if we input appropriate option in VOV7 under "Bill of Material/Configuartion" section, will default value in Sales Order.

Hope this adds some information to this Kitting Process.

Thanks & Regards

Kalyan Kalisetti

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

I actually think what was or still is missing isthe setting in ERP. Path in IMG is: Logistics Execution -> Extended Warehouse Management Integration -> Outbound Process -> Kit to Order -> Set goods receipt movement type for Kit Headers. There is a flag for "Kit-to-order Structure".

Quote: "When you set this indicator, the BOM structures in an SD order will be converted to a kit-to-order structure in the outbound delivery. The indicator has to be checked for the item category of the BOM header".

Brgds

Juergen

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

Of course you need to recheck the Packaging specification and so I will mention the following key values for the Kit to Order:

- PS Group KITO with a level set KITTING (used for kit to order)

- Condition is 0VSO with the end product

- I suggest 3 levels in the Packaging Specification so after the Content (end product) you should have a Kit Creation level (which in the Warehouse tab should have the VSKS step in POSC used to pack the Kit in an auxiliary packaging material) and then the Level 2 for the packaging of the created kit itself (packaging material box) with the VSKS step also. All levels have the performing entity the Warehouse.

So much for the Kit to Order pack spec. Hope it helps.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

All customization settings seems to be ok.  But I have observed one issue.

In ODO-  Hierarchy Level appears as Blank instead of + for Kit components items also.

Another issues was, while creating VAS for Warehouse Request,  the kit header item  was not appearing in the VAS order. Instead , the packaging material was appearing.

Any idea why am I not getting + on the Hierarchy Level in ODO for Kit components?

Regards,

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Still couldn't find a solution for my issue with Kit To Order scenario.  

I have been able to transfer Outbound Delivery from ERP.  Outbound Delivery Order in EWM created which has Item Type : OKM  for Kit header and OKC for Kit Component.

However, still, the "+" symbol is not displayed in ODO for kit components. So, I am not able to create a VAS order with Kit Header item as product. 

Any hint to solve this will be much appreciated.

regards,
Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

I'm just shooting in the dark here, have you checked the Define Relevance for VAS in Customizing?

Also, have you checked the Make Settings for Kitting in the Goods Issue Process folder in Customizing? I found the instructions there very helpful.

Please check the above two suggestions.

All the Best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

I have defined automatic creation of VAS during Warehouse Request creation for the Kit Header Item Type - OKM.

I have maintained the packaging specification with a Kit level.Condition record 0VSO has been maintained for PS.  Status profile and Qty Offset profiles also have been maintained and assigned to the Item types settings.

In Outbound Delivery Order, I can see that the package spec. has been determined.  Kit header item is not relevant for picking and Goods issue.  But for the Kit header Item, VAS order Status shows "Not Relevant" even though VAS relevance = 1 for Item Type.

The hierarchy level also displays as "Blank".

I think the whole problem is because of the Hierarchy Level not populated correctly in EWM for Kit Header and component items.

Do you think if I if I have missed any more customization steps?

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

I sincerely can't say that you have missed a customizing point and indeed I agree with you that most probably this is caused because of the hierarchy from the ODO but I cannot find a reason at this time for why the hierarchy would behave in such a way.

All the best,

Claudiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

do you solve this problem?