cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap netweaver 7.0 trial version on linux with xp host

0 Kudos

Dear Members :

I am planning to download SAP Netweaver 7.0 trial on linux, which would run on SLES 11 optimized for SAP (already downloaded) under VMware workstation 7 - possible ?

I would also like to access SAP server thru SAP GUI on my XP host (and not from within Linux) . Can I make this possible - could someone please advice or guide ?

Thanks in advance.

Atanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu,

which would run on SLES 11 optimized for SAP (already downloaded) under VMware workstation 7 - possible ?

Yes. Possible you can download the document which all over the internet how to install the same.

I would also like to access SAP server thru SAP GUI on my XP host (and not from within Linux)

Yes. you can install the SAP gui in your XP host and you can access the same from the SLES. But you need to configure the saprouter to access the sap through outer network.

Let me know if you have queries.

0 Kudos

Hi Silambharasan

Thanks very much - so for single machine said configuration, saprouter wud come in picture ? Never installed SAP and wud like to test on my laptop before  IDES installation. This is for practice and do I get all the pieces from trial download - as don't have service marketplace login.

Currently I run other application on VMware 7 workstation configured as "host-only" - cud I proceed same or have to make it "nat"  ?   But first - if you could tell me whether all the components required for the said configuration, wud be available from trial download ? I need to have SAP GUI also, which I'd install on my XP professional for accessing ?

Based on your input - wud proceed.

Thanks.

Atanu