Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling procedure for entire inspection plan

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Techs,

Please look in to the point below and help me on sorting out

Inspection plan contain 5 MIC and required to generate a sample of 5 kg for the all MIC

If i use sampling procedure with sampling scheme, each and every MIC i need to assign sampling procudure in other words each and every MIC 5 kg sample is recomended by the system..

but i want system should generate total 5 kg sample on entire inspection plan(ALL MIC)

And sampling qty will be vary as per inspection lot qty

PLS HELP WAITING FOR ANY TIPS..

ABU FATHIMA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Considering that UOM is always KG ,Create sampling procedure with sample type" fix sample" with sample size  " 5" and assign this sampling procedure to each of the MIC's in task list.

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks sujit

But my sample will keep on change with respect to lot qty

in this case how i can go ahead

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,Please clear about your requirement.

Whatever sample size you want  ,say "n"  if you create SP with this fix sample size & assign it to all the MIC's ,then system will create overall sample size as "n" & not "number of MIC's X n ".

If your sample zie varies then consider the example of the "Percentage sample"

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

Sujit has correctly explained this. Let's consider the case of FIXED_5 samples for the sake of simplicity.

1. For a certain material, inspection plan contain 3 MICs. Length, Width and Diagonal
  2. You have assigned FIXED_5 to each MIC in inspection plan
  3. You in warded a lot of 100 NOS
  4. So your lot size becomes 100 and sample as 5 Nos
  5. While carrying out result recording you need to record 15 readings (if you opt single result recording)
  6. Hence, the sample size here still remains same i.e. 5 and not 15. And this is for entire  lot.

Whatever type of sampling procedure you use, you should assign sampling procedure against each MIC in inspection plan to calculate sampling size in are using task lit or material specification.

Regards,

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts

Any comments pls...

Abu Fathima