cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Certification related Questions, Discussion, Material, Useful Tips...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am future HANA certification aspirant. I am reading a lot of articles related to power of HANA and the impact it can make on various businesses. I am currently a non SAP consultant working as a Informatica Developer. Now, want to pursue a career in SAP HANA module. I guess there are very few projects currently on HANA, but the no.s would grow quickly in no time with the impact that we see after HANA's 1 year Bday.

I have couple of qus and would appreciate if any one can answer them and can give some feed back,

1. Currently for people working as a ETL Developer like, Informatica(non SAP) to HANA or any other SAP related module, as to which one to pursue? SAP BODS, SAP BO, SAP BI/BW or any other?

2. For the Certification exams, can any body share their experience as how did u prepare for the exam, any reading material or books or videos? If u have any can u plz provide links to it.

3. I see that we can get 30 day free trial for using HANA database over the cloud. Can any one explain how the free server access works? Like, after creating a free account, we just have to log into it and explore the HANA Studio?

4. In the 30 day free trial for using HANA Studio, will the databases and tables be already created? How does the data come into HANA db? from an external source? If so, can we load/replicate the data from external source into HANA db which is available there on the 30 day free trial server using BODS or any other ETL process? Can we get hands on experience doing that?

5. Once, we get access to the 30 day free trial server? How best to utilize it, where from can we get any working scenarios in terms of table creation or writing views and displaying graphical data? How can we do that? Any helpful documents that can give us practical knowledge on the HANA studio?

6. Can we install the HANA studio Client on Windows 7 computers? Where can we get the download link? From the server access?

These are few qus that I have for the SAP/HANA experts, if u can share ur valuable thoughts into the above, it would be of great help for future HANA certification aspirants.

Thank You.

Cheers,

Rakesh Gundala

email: <removed by moderator - >

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Informatica supports Reading/Loading data into SAP HANA. Informatica Power Center is certified for SAP HANA. You dont need to replace any other ETL tool and you can still continue with existing Power Center. Power Center has More capability than any other ETL tools in this world and also we have seem less integration with SAP HANA. Power Center can also support Kerberose authentication support to HANA.

Please see the attached Certification documents from SAP. We have certified HANA on Informatica 951 and also 10.0. ( I am not able to attach PDF. So took the screen shots and attaching)

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I like Anjan Blog "My Experience on HANA Certification hope other will get benefit too.

Must make this page favorite on your SCN page if you are interested to keep learning Hana,  (Want to learn SAP HANA? Where to Start?  Certification?) Free Product Trials, enjoy      (http://www.sap.com/software-free-trials/index.html?url_id=text-us-scn-tutorials). 

Thanks

Asghar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Welcome to SAP HANA .

1. Switching to HANA is good option from ETL developer - You can go with BODS and BO along with HANA as you have knowledge on Informatica it will be easy to learn BODS which is also a ETL .

2. Certifications - Go through the blogs where you can get information of which documents you need to study and such related suggestions you can get.

3. 30 Day Trial access - Here you can connect to HANA Studio via cloudshare where you will be connected remotely.It is a straight forward process where you will get instructions and links along with the username and passwrd.please follow the same.

4. you cannot get a hands-on on replication in 30 day trial version , you can play on modelling in HANA.

5. Links have been shared by many above follow the same where you can get create some scenarios and you can see your modelling data in reporting tools like Explorer , MS Excel and Visual intelligence which can be accessed in 30 Day trial verion.

Regards,

Nagaraj

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh:

Welcome to the HANA World and this community. This community is a big blessing and here we help each other out..You have lot of info mentioned above..

Here are my thoughts:

1 - gain access to HANA sandbox

2 - start building few sample apps...following the material provided by SAP (i.e: efashions or sflight, etc..) 

AND then prepare on getting certified!

.Have fun with HANA.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Congrats on your decision to persue HANA. Excellent decision as it really is an impressive tool.

Please find answers to your questions below:

1. Currently for people working as a ETL Developer like, Informatica(non SAP) to HANA or any other SAP related module, as to which one to pursue? SAP BODS, SAP BO, SAP BI/BW or any other?

If youre looking to cross train into HANA then best to get started on the SAP HANA Developer Center website and review all the free material. Most of this material covers the information you will find in the HANA certification courses: http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana.

Also check out this blog which gives HANA developer examples and guidance.

Getting started with SAP HANA Developer Center

2. For the Certification exams, can any body share their experience as how did u prepare for the exam, any reading material or books or videos? If u have any can u plz provide links to it.

Study guides have already been posted and one such example can be found here:

My Experience on HANA Certification

3. I see that we can get 30 day free trial for using HANA database over the cloud. Can any one explain how the free server access works? Like, after creating a free account, we just have to log into it and explore the HANA Studio?

The blog I attached in point one steps through how to do this:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27981

4. In the 30 day free trial for using HANA Studio, will the databases and tables be already created? How does the data come into HANA db? from an external source? If so, can we load/replicate the data from external source into HANA db which is available there on the 30 day free trial server using BODS or any other ETL process? Can we get hands on experience doing that?

Again the blog above

5. Once, we get access to the 30 day free trial server? How best to utilize it, where from can we get any working scenarios in terms of table creation or writing views and displaying graphical data? How can we do that? Any helpful documents that can give us practical knowledge on the HANA studio?

6. Can we install the HANA studio Client on Windows 7 computers? Where can we get the download link? From the server access?

Also here is another free source for you to download

Download the SAP HANA Essentials eBook (It's Free!)

Kind regards,

Danielle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Please go through this blog for HANA certification.

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2012/08/27/my-experience-on-hana-certification

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Shilpa