Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Web GRC v10 WSOD

paul_ksobiech4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day,

I have a fresh SAP GRC v10 Support pack 7 installed on SAP EHP 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0.  We are using the built in NWBC Web client to access GRC through Internet Explorer 8.  Sometimes when browsing in the web, all of the sudden it will give a white screen of death (WSOD), basically a blank white screen with nothing on it.  You then hit F5 to refresh the screen and it works fine again.  The one thing that is hurting people is if you are on step 3 after copying and pasting in 10 roles it takes them back to step 1 and they ahve to start all over.  I have looked through logs and can not find anything that would cause this.

Has anyone ever seen this problem?  Does anyone know of a solution for it or even a better approach to troubleshooting it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Can you please refer to SAP Note:- 1347768 for this issue. It is having details about the configuration settings to be made with IE8.

Regards,

Akhil Chopra

paul_ksobiech4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Akhil,

Thank you for you help.  This is not exactly my problem as I do not see the Sorry your browser message appear.  I just see the screen go white.  I am in the process of trying chrome to see if I see the same issue so that will help me narrow down the issue to IE.

Thanks again,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yes, please try with chrome so that it can be confirmed whether it is a persistent issue or happening with IE8 only.

Basically, I have seen few issues in past for older version i.e. GRC 5.3 where it shows such kind of behavior with Window 7 with IE8.

Let us know after testing it with chrome.

Regards,

Akhil Chopra

paul_ksobiech4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well after Have my uses try chrome for an extended period it appears that it is an IE8 issue.  Chrome, although has a small quirk does not produce the white screen of death (WSOD) that IE8 produced.  Thank you both for your help but it appears it is a Internet Explorer issue not a SAP or NWBC issue.

Kind Regards,

Paul

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

When this blank screen appears, does the system ever return any time-out error?

Or does the UI become comparatively slower during WSOD?

Regards,

Saksham Minocha