cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ".presence" properties of a sub-form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 sub-forms. I do not want to display the sub-form 2 initially so I made is as "hidden" which works perfectly (I do not want to set it to invisible because it displays an empty page, I have the code --> this.presence = "hidden").

On the action of the button in sub-form 1, I want to make the sub-form 2 as visible and pop up the print dialog to print the sub-form 2.

I have the code <<Form Name>>.sub-form2.presence = "visible" in "click" event of the button but it is not working. It shows only the empty page in print preview.

Can anyone tell me why it is happening.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

I thought the ".presence" field can have one of the values "visible", "invisible" and "hidden". But you are asking me to set it to "presence". Can you clarify that. Also can you explain a little about what will happen if I make a call to "subform.calculate(1)" method.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

No, I mean it is visible ( No property named as "presence").

<b>The calculate object controls the calculation of a field’s value.</b>

see this example for calculate event -

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/livecycle/designer/pdfs/TextPresence.pdf

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalyan ,

Try this -

write this.presence = "presence" script in calculate event of the subform and call subform.calculate(1) in click event of button.

Nanda