Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 5 (8520) workflow package performance issue

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using SUP2.1 EST#2 for simple server initiated workflow package with DCN without payload. I have created the workflow with "Optimize javascript in generated workflow package" option enabled. But even then the workflow message takes around 15 seconds to load in the BlackBerry 5 (8520) device (not a simulator, in real device).

Is there any other way to optimize the code to increase the performance?.

Would like to know what is the average loading time for a single page workflow app in Blackberry 5 device.

Please share your observation.

Thanks in advance.

Yokesvaran.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I do not have any sound real world experience on device runtime behavior.

But some items did come to my mind:

• The 15s is the time it takes from "clicking" on the new item until the HWC app displays, right?
  • Does it take 15s EVERY time you start an app from the inbox?
    The HWC takes time to start up and initialize. When you start the app right from the BB inbox AND you have not yet started the HWC, the HWC will need to start in the background and thus take more time for the app to display.
  • What amount of data do you have in your HWC app? How big is the MBO modell, etc
  • Have you tried to use the HWC 2.1.3? Might be worth a try as it should work right out of the box without the need to update the SUP server. Just update the HWC client on a BB. That way you can check if the run time behavior has changes with the newest HWC app. You know, in software business, the new version is always the best 😉
former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response 🙂

• After clicking the HWC app, it gives a blank white screen with loading icon for 10-12 seconds. After that application will start loading and it takes 3-4 seconds to complete. 
  • Yes, everytime it takes 15 seconds(At very first time it takes 17-18 seconds) 
  • HWC app contains 1 parent MBO(35 attributes), 1 child MBO(5 attributes) and 2 operations. Workflow package have additionally 3 error list and detail screens.
  • I have tried this in SUP 2.1.3, performance wise we didnt get any improvement.

We have this performance problem in Blackberry5 (8520) only. Incase of Iphone or Blackberry6(9800) application gets loaded in 5seconds.

Regards

Yokesvaran.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yokesvaran

Some Blackberry 5 devices are not supported by SUP because of Hardware not enough to handle SUP api's

Take a look at the Supported hardware and software PDF.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01699.0213/doc/pdf/sup_supported_har...

Thanks

Pradeep

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the supported hardware and software document,  SUP haven't test the applications in Blackberry 8520, and minimum hardware requirement for SUP HWC app is 256 RAM and 500Mhz CPU speed which is same as Blackberry 8520. So SUP supports bb8520.

I have also found the delay behind the loading screen. api.js alone takes 4.5 seconds to download, custom.js takes 2secs, util.js takes 1sec, workflow.js takes 2.sec, workflowmessage.js takes 2secs, all other js files takes around 2 to 3 seconds.

Overall it takes 12-14 seconds to load all JS files in blackberry 8520 because its lower RAM speed.

Also we have received the suggestion from SAP that we dont have to compare the 8520 performance with other High end models.

So, Blackberry 8520 will always takes time to load.

Thanks for all your response

Regards

Yokesvaran.K

Answers (0)