cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats is the work of a technical consultant in SCM-APO.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean ABAP consultant...

He involves in writing interfaces, custom function modules, writing ABAP programs in the design of back ground jobs. To name a few, Any custom changes you need while releasing data to SNP from DP,any changes to data while fetching from external sources, some user defined functions that we use in macros...creating custom tables..etc

As you gain the experience as a functional consultant and with a training for short duration you can even become techno-functional consultant. I think it does not require an expertise in objetcs, idocs ..etc.

These days many of the real-time APO consulatants are techno-functional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u give me an real time scenario (with example) wat a technical consultant do.

Thanks

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Uma has given a fair idea about what a Technical Consultant does. I would like to add that BASIS also can fall under Technical Consultant role. In that case apart from regular system monitoring, user management one additional area would be liveCache management.

Coming back to App Dev - good exmaple would be modifying the CIF user exit say for Product Master such that whenever Materials are transferred from ERP or R/3 to APO, APO-specific field (say SNP Horizon) needs to be populated to a certain value (x days). Another example can be modifying the Product View transaction to display additional columns through an user-exit.

Please note unlike R/3, transaction and also most master data in APO is stored in liveCache and updating the same should be done through appropriate BAPIs and not direct database table edits.

Hope this gives some idea.

Thanks,

somnath

Answers (0)