cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input data from used component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a main component A. I have 2 used compoents inside it i.e. B and C. I have created an interface node in component A and mapped it to B and C. I amm able to pass data from A to B and C.

The problem is, i want B and C to pass data to A also. How can i do this.

I have tried External input element but i couldnt get that to work. Basicall i want all A, B and C to read and modify the same node.

Thanks for your Help.

Regards,

Pris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sloved by using interface events.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do external context mapping like we do while using ALV.

Try this.

Lets say B has node NODE_B and C has NODE_C.

A has two corresponding nodes NODE_A_B and NODE_A_C.

1.  Mark node NODE_B as interface node and External Input Element

2.  Mark node NODE_C as interface node and External Input Element

3. Create usage USAGE_B and USAGE_C in component A along with INTERFACECONTROLLER.

4. Now from the navigation available in the left panel You will see ComponentUsages.

5. Click on that, navigate to InterfaceController of USAGE_B.

6. Here, create Component Usage for Component Controller of A.

7. You will be able to see the nodes NODE_A_B and NODE_A_C on the right and NODE_B on left. Create Mapping from NODE_A_B to NODE_B here. This way your node NODE_B in comp B will be able to receive data from NODE_A_B of comp A.

8. Repeat corresponding steps for USAGE_C.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prisford,

Map that interface node to the views in B & C and specify the usage of this interface view in the views so when you set the values is the context attribute it will automatically available in component A context

that context node you also need to map to view present in compnent A where you want to access data.