cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC trigger separate sales order line

Former Member
0 Kudos

An option in a characteristic requires you to sell an option loose.  This was previously all done in configuration, but long story short the shipping of the KMAT and the required item do not happen simultaneously. 

Is there a function to be able to force a line on a sales order based on a chosen option in VC?

i.e. Sales order line 0010 is the KMAT

option X in the KMAT should trigger something on line 0020 of the sales order

I know this is far fetched, and it even seems silly to ask.

Maybe a different approach would be, can you trigger a message box based on the configuration of the machine?  "Combination requires sale of XYZ"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not Active Contributor

i.e. Sales order line 0010 is the KMAT

option X in the KMAT should trigger something on line 0020 of the sales order

well its posisble to have lower level item in sales order have higher level items linked.

in many business its needs to send part loose to customer and get assemblied at site, you need to check with a sales expert ( SD consultant).

What i remember is you need to setup your item catagory for achiving it, so please either close your threazd here and open a new one at SD forum or move this one to SD forum.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

well we use lower level items linked to higher level by price, but this would be a separate line linked to an item in the higher level item's characteristic.  that is very relative to this forum even if an answer is found from another one, though i doubt this is possible (or manageable).  we have stressed it needs to be managed by the business process of entering orders and the sales documentation; it's a very rare scenario anyway.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

straz straz,

Let me give some clarification,

its always possible to select a BOM component using selection condition written based on characterstic values of a configurable material , its a easy VC stuff , but i know its also possible to generate this selected items as a seprate line item in a sales order , you need to setup your item catagory and item category grouping correctly.(at the moment i dont rememer exact configuration require for it, if time permits i will post it  )

and with a thought that you will get more favourable replies in SD forum for these function i suggested you to move there.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just want to leave this open in case i do find a solution, and update it here.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

straz straz,

sure and i and other forum memebrs will very much appriciate as it as it will help other who may have similar requirement in future.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Straz,

Just to be sure what you are looking for , Item 20 isnot linked to Item 10 at all ? and what exactly you want to trigger in line item 20 ..Do you want to change characteristics on VC side or change something on SD side of item 20 ?

Regards Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Characteristic value X would add a material on the SD side line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Straz,

What you are looking for cannot be easily managed. However you can play around some internal FM's and user exits to achieve. Unfortunately , there is no standard FM or bapi that can be used to fetch the current values of the configuration but you can use internal FMs in the SD user exit to read the current values of the item processed. Internal FMs are

CEI0_DDB_HAS_VALUES

CEI0_DDB_HAS_VALUES_INTERNAL

CEI0_I_HAS_VALUES

To add a line item. I would suggest to look at user exit

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP and USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT.

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT is called generally when you are saving a document. I am not not sure if user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP is called after configuration is called but you can test it in your system. You can try inserting a new record in table XVBAP.

What I would suggest is to check what user exit you want to use in SD and then call the above FM's in that exit. Generally CEI0_DDB_HAS_VALUES works to read the values but you can try the others too. First read the current configuration values, and then based on the value , insert a new line in XVBAP. I have never tried this myself so this is just a suggestion. We cannot garauntee if this will work.

Generally, SAP doesnot recommend to read current values from the buffer as it can corrupt the buffer , also we do not recommend to add new line item via an exit but you can test and try the above.

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much Amber, I have recommended against it as well.  automating a business process is generally bad.

nonetheless you provided helpful information.

someone else suggested a sales order set and i can see where he's coming from with that.  we're not ready to 'change the world' for such a small requirement though.  just fishing around.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes , It is definately something we dont recommend. Honestly speaking main issue is to read current configuration values as that always corrupts the buffer and causes lot of issues. Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

definitely makes sense. 

the FM area of the PLM/VC class was something that seemed to be missing a lot of content at sap atlanta.  i suppose powerhouses graduate to IPC etc and start doing more interactive things on the web. 

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

How about a BOM item which will become a next Line item of sales order if being selected ?

Its a SD functionality ( usefull in making Kits, or supply loose part along with FERT) and can be configured using Item catagories? is it also cause also corrupts the buffer and causes lot of issues?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Having a BOM item added is not an issue. But yes if you try to read/change current configuration in any of the SD modules that can cause issue. SD and VC are two different applications altogther. The way it works is that VC configures the values and they are hold in internal memory which is then send to SD. So if you read the values in any exit , it can cause memory or buffer issues. Therefore we do not recommend that. It is fine if you reading values in some printing functionality. In that case VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION_IBASE can be used that reads values from database.

Regards

Amber