cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences with ES bundle 'Integration of External Warehouse Management System'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, what are your experiences with ES bundle Integration of External Warehouse Management System (when direct link is not working in your browser navigate via ES Workplace > 'ES Bundles' > 'Transportation, Warehousing' > 'Integration of External Warehouse Management System')?

Right now I evaluate this bundle against traditional IDocs for external warehouse integration, and I wonder if anybody used the enterprise service bundle.

Thanks for your valuable input, best regards, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For masterdata are ES available http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/Material

for the transactional i do not have an answer..... see my orginal question

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, I wonder if anybody can share his/her experiences with this ES bundle or at least some of its services, e.g. the ones for material replication or inbound/outbound delivery processing? Thanks a bunch, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I'm looking at the same challenge. The ES bundle for managing external warehouse is all very IM based wth deliveries and good movments. I'm also looking at a ES repalcement for the external warehouse management scenario based on using the warehouse transfer orders send from SAP to external WMS and updates send back form wms system to confim, or cancel or update.

this scenario is normally based on the idocs wmtord,wmtoco and wmcato but in the scenarios it refers continously to is  the good movement ES

any suggestions or are you still waiting for answers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had an email conversation with SAP regarding limitations for this bundle regarding retail articles. They recommended to use the standard Idoc based integration for retail.

We're seeking to integrate lean WM without transfer orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I understand that you're back to Idoc integration now for Retail.

You mention limitations of the bundle. Can you elaborate what those limitations are and whether SAP provided guidance in when you CAN/SHOULD use the ES bundle?

We're currently setting up external warehouse communication using the webservices contained in this bundle. However there is no SAP PI available in this environment and we need to expose the services directly from ECC, whereas the standard integration model seems to be set-up for distribution models and RFC communication with PI (where PI at it's turn can expose a webservice).

Do you recognize this? We're now looking at using an output/condition technique in in- and outbound deliveries and build a custom program to trigger the concerned webservices.

Another issue if we cannot use the standard integration set-up is master data synchronization.

I would appreciate your (and other's) suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Marcel