cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Process Orchestration possible in PI 7.3?

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is Process Orchestration possible in PI 7.3? If not, is there any other way to integrate BPM and BRM with Single stack PI 7.3 installation?

Regards,

P.S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a NW BPM version of the BPM available for PI 7.3 single-stack version. Have a look at the comparison of "traditional" ccBPM and NW BPM at the recent blog by Nageshwar Reddy:

And an installation guide by :

Regards,

Greg

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the links. In 1st link, at the bottom its mentioned that 'SAP Process Orchestration 7.31 was used as BPM system. So NW BPM in this article refers to PO 7.31 SP04.' and also second link speaks about PI 7.31. But I am looking if anything possible in case of PI 7.3 and not PI 7.31.

Regards,

P.S.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know in the Alexander Bundschuh's blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/11/installation-options-for-process-... points that the PO (PI, BPM & BRM on java stuck) is available since SAP PI 7.31 only:

Besides the AAE, from 7.30 on it was possible to install the Adapter Engine as standalone, the so called Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX). From connectivity and messaging point of view, the AEX does not differ from an AAE....

So, with 7.31 we came up with the so called Process Orchestration (PO) which is a co-installation of the AEX and BPM/BRM....

Regards

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not Active ContributorFormer Member and Iñaki Vila,

Here are my thoughts again.

Is Process Orchestration possible in PI 7.3?

No PO is available only from 7.31.

If not, is there any other way to integrate BPM and BRM with Single stack PI 7.3 installation?

I had PI 7.3 dual stack in one of my landscpes with BPM being enbled on the java stack of the PI(Single SID). I spent lot of time to make the WS-RM communicaiton between PI and BPM work. I was successfull in sending messages from BPM to PI. I was never able to reliably trigger BPM process from PI. I abandoned the apparoach knowing that there is a bettwer way of communicating betwen PI and BPM in 7.31. One more thing, enabling BPM on a java stack in 7.3 is not a supported install. You will not get any support from SAP on this. Good luck if you are trying to play with BPM in 7.3.

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys for your feedbacks. I got my answer .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nageshwar,

How long will it take to implement a full landscape for process orchestration?

We have AEX 7.3 already installed now and have to install PO separately using option 3. But if we do that how can we migrate the existing data to the new installation?

Thanks

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

To implement a full landscape, i believe it may take similar timelines as AEX 7.3. Migrating scenarios from AEX 7.3 tp PO 7.31 should not be a big issue. It all depends on the complexity of the interfaces you have.

Answers (0)