cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot transfer from 104 to 01(URGENT)

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

For a material an inspection lot has been created with inspection type 104- Source Inspection at GR for Purch. Order, instead of  01 Goods Receipt Insp. for Purchase Order. Because Inspection type 104 was given in QM info record .Kindly solve how should i transfer the inspection lot from inspection type -104 to Inspection type 01

J.Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Can you please throw some light on how the inspection lot for 104- source inspection was created?

As per my understanding,

1. As far as source inspection is concerned, these lots are created manually through QI07 and that too before actual GR
  2. You do not have stock posting facility for such lots.
  3. I was wondering how did you post the stock against source inspection lot?
  4. Depending upon the setting you maintained in QM info, you can skip (stop 01 inspection lot generation) if you opt to do source inspection.

Hence inspection lot of certain type can not be converted to another type.

Regards,

Anand

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Inspection type 104 was in QM info record, inspection lot might have created and there is no skip in inspection lot in master

J.Balakrishnan

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Nice question... I never came across such scenario.

But in such cases, I believe, there is no other option than to cancel the material document and hence the related inspection lot and later further post the goods movement again and generate a new relevant inspection lot.

Hoep this will help.

Regards,

Anup

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention, I don't think there is any standard function in SAP to transfer the inspection lot from one inspection type to another... 😞

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I am from SAP-PP, i am interested to learn SAP-QM, can u tell me the important topics and QM basic process flow .

J.Balakrishnan

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Before talling more about QM, did you managed to overcome your problem of insp lot of type-0104 fo for which you've raised this discussion ?? 🙂

Now about SAP QM:

It's again any other module of SAP having integration with other modules with various scenarios/processes. Mostly, can be divided in below topics:

- Master Data: Like Inspection types assignment in material master, inspection plan, inspection method, sampling scheme, sampling procedure etc..

- QM in External Receipts: This is nothing but a vendor inspection process (Insp Lot Origin-01).

- QM in Customer Delivery: This is inspection before customer delivery (Insp Lot Origin-10).

- QM in Customer Complaints: This is for customer returns/complaints, if any (Insp Lot Origin-06).

- QM in Production: This is for production in-process or GR confirmations (Insp Lot Origin-03/04).

- QM in Calibrations: This is for inspections of maintenance (Insp Lot Origin-14).

- QM in Stock Transfer Orders: This is for insp for transfers during two SAP plants (Insp Lot Origin-08).

- QM Certificates: This function can be used if you've any specific requirement of sending/receiving quality certificates to customer or from vendor.

- Quality Notifications

This is just a brief. You need to search more on SAP Help/SCN/google about these processes and explore. Each QM process will have some kind of steps to be followed for inspection.. and are listed below: Refer below link to know the steps in the process flow of inspection processing:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/QM-Process

If you face any issue/problem in having that, raise a thread in QM forum, you will definitely get answer/assistance on it.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anup

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

No we have done 321 mvt with inspection type 104 itself

J.Balakrishnan

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Movt- 321 happens when you do Usage Decision (UD) for an inspection lot... whereas actually inspection lot was created by movt- 101 (GR for PO). Is this correct??

And once you do UD for an inspection lot, you will not be able to cancel UD/ related material movement... And to do that you need to implement SAP OSS Note-175842 in system.

Regards,

Anup