cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase Approval Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have to have approval process for phases in my scenario. I asked my Basis team to install ADS for this & they have installed it.

Now the problem is, though the ADS is installed, when I create an Approval for a Phase, assign Decision maker & say Begin approval, its throwing an error saying approval document doesn't exist.?!

I checked in the SPRO. But I have maintained all the basic settings for Project Type(Activate Print for Project Type), Phase Type(Approval Relevant & Assign Approval Document for the Phase Type).

Then I tried in the SFP t-code for the "DPR_APPROVAL_HIER" document. When I display it & try to check layout tab, it'll display error as "Couldn't start Layout Designer". And If I Execute the same document(DPR_APPROVAL_HIER). And check for Print Preview, a Run time Error is displaying with the following descreption:

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except.                CX_DPR_FATAL_ERROR

ABAP Program           CL_DPR_FORM_SERVICES==========CP

Application Component  PPM-PRO

Date and Time          03.08.2012 16:06:26

Short text:

An exception occurred that was not caught.

What happened?

The exception 'CX_DPR_FATAL_ERROR' was raised, but it was not caught anywhere

along

the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not

adequately responded to, the running ABAP program

'CL_DPR_FORM_SERVICES==========CP' has to be

terminated.

Please anybody have a check on this, & try to give some inputs. Where I have missed the settings. And Its my first time that I'm using the "Approval". So a brief on the Process is very much helpfull for me.

Thanks in Advance,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe in SFP transaction it wont show you preview since many of the input values are null, we are running it without reference of any project and phase. check if status form or ADS test steps are going well.

Its something to do with your ADS I believe. I hope ADS is installed on different system java stack and not in PPM system itself. There should be http connection between two systems.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked with my Basis, they are telling they have created & given RFC link to my PPM server from ADS. And even the ADS test steps I checked & they worked fine.

Now I'm thinking to raise an OSS for this. But friends, before going for that I want to check one more time with all of you.

* Have anybody done the Phase Approval for PPM 5.0? If so, have you got it worked or not?

** And is there any further settings needed to be maintained from the PPM cProjects side for ADS    connection?

Please share your thoughts...

Rgrds,

Santhosh