cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping changes not getting reflected in runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on PI 7.3 dual stack and facing the above problem. Whenever I have a small change in the message mapping, I have noticed that the change doesn't get reflects in the runtime and the interface execution still shows the old values.

The statuses of all the caches shows green (SXI_CACHE, Mapping runtime cache, Central Adapter engine cache, CPA Cache). Even I tried reactivating the ID objects but still the same issue. It seems it still refers to the old class file of the message mapping program.

The only work-around that worked for me is to re-name existing message mapping programs and attach the same to the Operation mappings. Even I have noticed that if I rename the message mapping to original mapping program name, it shows the old results i.e. if I rename Mapping1 to Mapping2 and then again change something in Mapping2 and rename it to Mapping1, I still get the results of Mapping1.

Is there any way by which I could clear such caches.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Go to the runtime workbemch, go on the Cache monitoring tab, try to refresh you cash there.

Another idea is, make sure that you have the same name of the message mapping you have change in the operation mapping and at your configuration.

Hope it will be helpfull for you

Rgds,

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already tried those options.

Refresh SXI_CACHE multiple times

Checked the versions on Cache monitoring tab and all are updated as indicated in the troubleshooting document of PI 7.1

Refreshed all the Data, JVM and CPA caches (Full refresh) from the Administration tab

But none of them works. It seems the runtime is getting updated with all the inforamation however it points to the old version of the .class file.

Regards

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

This seems to be cache configuration issue. Please contact your BASIS team.

In RWB ------>cache monitoring --------->select each of cache server and each of cache objects----> now click on show notification table. This will show you all details of errors if any. This kind of errors result because there is a problem with cache update. You are not getting any results even after cache refresh, here the BASIS team needs to look into cache configuration parameters compare them with other stable systems such as production/acceptance etc. I have not worked with PI 7.3 system thus not sure if the cache monitoring tab remains the same or has changed.  Uploading a screen shot of how we monitor in PI 7.0 system.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anupam for your reply and sharing the screen shot and indeed I had looked in at the same place. The only difference is that, in PI 7.3 we have Mapping Runtime Cache below which we can view the versions of the message mapping program and compare with the timestamps of the Message mapping programs from the ESR and ideally I guess thats how we come to know what version has been used at the runtime.

In my case, both timestamps are matching and hence I doubt whether the runtime is pointing to incorrect .class file.

Regards

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Did you update the Interface mapping/operation mapping which is calling the java code?

That needs to be updated, saved and activated too.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

. Otherwise how I would have seen the updated timestamp in the cache monitoring.

Actually I am not able to see errors in any type of the cache and still the changes are not reflected during runtime.

Regards

Rajeev

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

I should have guessed that. Just wanted to ensure that all steps as a developer has been performed before requesting BASIS team to look into the issue.

Regards

Anupam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_khnlein
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

how did you solve it, we running in the same issues.

Regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Try to restart the system PI, you can contact your administrator for this.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Jo

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

In the point 11 in this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3892 deals about the cache issue, you could try a complete cpa cache refresh: http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

(Point 16 -> http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1a69ea11-0d01-0010-fa80-b47a79301...)

Regards.