cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Association based on child objects

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add a partial association between two data objects but am unable to succeed because the wizard does not let me choose a child object. Am I supposed to be able to do that?

My scenario is the following:

DO 1

- Attribute 1

DO2

- Child Object 1

-Attribute 1

I would like to put in place a partial association saying, transfer me all objects DO2 having a child object that has the same attribute 1 as in DO1. The wizard only allos me to select the header of DO2 and not the child of DO2 when I try to create his association.

Am I doing something not allowed? Is there a work around?

Regards,

Renaud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using webservice to create MBO with the model you have specified?

In such case, there is option to form xslt for one to one and one to many relationship data model to create MBO.

Regards

Yokesvaran.K

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I am not using a web service but I will look into the possibility of using one if there is the possibility to do a one to many.

Regards,

Renaud

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For one to many relationship, we have to form xslt's similar to the below image.

Each XSLT should have one parent DO structure, and one child DO structure. You can't assign more than two DO structure in single XSLT, but you can select which one you want to implement.

by using add button you can form additional DO into MBO for the same webservice method.

Then click "Edit" button and use the "generate XSLT from response message" option to select the DO.

In my case, i have one parent DO and 5 child DO. So, i have 5XSLT, Each XSLT will have one Parent DO and one child DO.

Regards

Yokesvaran.K