cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after SAP HANA upgrade to SP04 (rev. 28)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have just finished upgrading the SAP HANA database to SP04 i.e. rev 28.

First observation, all my 'Content' is missing. When I try to import the backup of my content from my local workstation, I am getting an error as below:

Repository: schema 'repo' is inconsistent.

Similar question was posted by one of my colleagues, but did not receive any definite answers.

This is the 2nd time that the same thing is happening after an upgrade. Not sure why.

Another thing that i came across is under the schema _SYS_REPO i see a table - SCHEMAVERSION.

This table has 4 fields - Schema Type, DB Schema Release, Db Schema Version and Is Consistent (default value = 1).

I have 4 values when i perform a data preview, i see the below values

Schema Type     DB Schema Release     DB Schema Version     Is Consistent

1. repo               1.00                              19                                  0

2. bics               1.00                               1                                   0

3. calc_engine    1.00                               1                                   0

4. bi                   1.00                              15                                  0

The 'is consistent' field has values 0 and i guess that is the reason why i am getting this error.

Can someone help me understanding this?

Or may be we have done something wrong, twice!

I will wait for some replies here. Else i am going to raise an OSS.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

thanks for your post.

We just encountered the same problem when updating from Rev. 28 to Rev. 37.

select * from "_SYS_REPO"."SCHEMAVERSION" shows the similar results that you provided:

SCHEMA_TYPEDB_SCHEMA_RELEASEDB_SCHEMA_VERSIONIS_CONSISTENT
repo1.00250
bics1.0010
calc_engine1.0010
xs1.0010
bi1.00220

Is there any other way to straighten this than to revert back to the old version and try again?

We have two instances on that machine and the other instance is used for BW on HANA. Here everything went fine:

SCHEMA_TYPEDB_SCHEMA_RELEASEDB_SCHEMA_VERSIONIS_CONSISTENT
repo1.00301
bics1.0011
calc_engine1.0011
xs1.0021
rt1.0021
bi1.00231

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, we have had a respite and have solved this.

Still not sure what the exact cause was, but the table Schema Version (as mentioned above) did not update correctly. So, we re-installed the entire DB at rev. 20 and then performed the upgrade once again. This time, the table entries were updated and everything is working fine.

Only pain - need to  restore the entire development.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

We are trying to update from Rev. 20 to 28. Kindly send us the steps to follow for update. We didnt update before.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Anybody who has faced such an issue or has some idea about this?

I am not even able to create a new package or delivery unit.

Thank you.