Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Invoice tab mandetory in MIGO transaction

appasaheb_nagargoje
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We want to make Excise Invoice Tab as mandetory in MIGO for GR.

As we know only after maitain of J1ID it is automatically activate in MIGO.

but its sometime user is missing to maintain for J1ID, that why we need the Excise Invoice Tab as mandetory in MIGO.

there is not every incoming material as exciseble, but if there is non exciseable material then we will select the No Excise Entry option in Excise invoice tab.

Please Help.

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want excise to be capture and excise TAB  in t.code: MIGO directly, you need to do following settings:-

Select check boxes of "EI capture" & "Post EI in MIGO" in MIGO Settings segment in Maintaining Excise Group setting in following path:
SPRO -- > Logistics general -- > tax on Goods Movements-- > India -- > Basic setting -- > Maintain Excise Groups

Also make sure to set error message for Message no. 4F184 in following path:
SPRO -- > Logistics general -- > tax on Goods Movements-- > India -- > Tools -- > Message Control

Considering you have all entry for J1ID for material and vendor, if any user trying do MIGO with
respect PO which have excise tax code , without entering excise number details, user have following message” “Please enter Excise Invoice number and Excise Invoice Date” Message no. 4F184

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

HI...AJAY....

IT IS VERY SIMPLE.....ASK SYSTEM TO CHECK WHETHER J1ID IS UPDATED OR NOT FOR ITEM W.R.T. PLANT AT THE TIME OF PO CREATION.  IF NOT MAINTAIN THEN SYSTEM SHOULD GIVE ERROR MASSAGE AND SHOULD NOT ALLOW TO SAVE PO.

YOUR PROBLEM WILL SLOVE.....ENJOY

0 Kudos

HI....AJAY....

HERE FIRST ASK SYSTEM TO CHECK WHETHER MATERIAL IS EXCISABLE OR NOT FROM MATERIAL MASTER > SALES VIEW 2 > MATERIAL PRICING GROUP IF IT IS 03 THEN ONLY SYSTEM WILL CHECK J1ID.  IF IT IS NOT 03 THAT MEANS MATERIAL IS NOT EXCISABLE SO NO NEED TO UPDATE J1ID OR CHAPTER ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible you can change little process

1 J1IEX ( commerical deptt. for Part 1)

2 MIGO automatically come excise tab

3 J1IEX ( commerical deptt. for part 2

Neeru

appasaheb_nagargoje
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh,

can we do 'Enhancement' in MIGO.while entering PO, then chech this material code to table 'J_1IMTCHID' and check whether the material excise details maintained or not.

Please help.

Ajay

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use the following exits to control Excise during MIGO transaction.

J_1I7_USEREXIT_J1IEX_BEF_SAVE - User exit to validate/change/fetch data before save

J_1I7_USEREXIT_MAT_IND - User exit to determine whether material is Cenvatable.

As suggested by Shailesh, put a control in PO itself. Use Badi ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST or User exit programs ZXM06U42/43/44 and read first whether the Vendor is excisable in J_1IMOVEND table. If yes then check the material & Plant existance in J_1IMTCHID table else propose an error message during PO saving.

You can also have written your own logic as you required in the said po validations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thank You..

0 Kudos

hi....we were also had some issue but now everybody is enjoying......

we have resolve it by following way.....

As Mr. Shailesh says they have made Enhancement in ME21N.....yes it is correct but if Material is non excisable then why you need to maintain chapter Id.... so first check should be for Material, if material is excisable then only system will check for J1ID other wise it will Skip.  In Material Master - Sales View 2 - Material Pricing Group....here you maintin 03 if material is excisable or else 01 and ask your abbaper to add this check before the check of J1ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can you please provide the enhancement name along with code.

Thank You

Arthi

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

There is no standard configuration setting to make 'Excise' tab mandatory in MIGO for all GR.

Excise tab in MIGO is totally depends on the material excise details in J1ID, Excise group setting for capturing excise duties in MIGO, Tax code, movement type activation for capturing excise entries.

If you want 'Excise' tab for all GR in MIGO then you have to maintain J1ID for all materials.

I also faced this requirement. Take help of technical consultant and use 'Enhancement' in ME21N. Put a simple validation that when user enters material code while creating PO, pass this material code to table 'J_1IMTCHID' and check whether the material excise details maintained or not.

If material excise details are found in table J_1IMTCHID then allow the user to proceed for creating PO and if the excise details are not found then put a Error message 'Maintain J1ID Details', thats it.

This way you can ensure that none of the PO will be created without maintaing J1ID for materials and you will get 'Excise' tab in MIGO for all PO. If 'Excise entry' is not required then user can select 'No Excise Entry' option in MIGO.

I already used this validation and it is working perfectly. Check this with your technical consultant and let me know if this works in your case.