cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache 7.9 with DBMGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´ve installed and SCM with livecache 7.9 and I´ve tried to managed the livecache instance with the DBMGUI 7.6, but when I tried to add the livecache instance, only It´s added the name of server, not appear the SID of livecache and the version how I´ve done in other system.

There are a new DBMGUI? I´ve to configure something previously?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. "I´ve used the DBMGUI 7.6 in the server where the livecache instance has been installed ..."

DBMGUI 7.6 32 bit software and liveCache 7.9  installed on the same server, windows 64bit.

Workaround for the problem:

Instead of "<LOCAL>", enter "localhost" or the name or IP address of the local host in the "Database Server" field.

Solution:

See SAP Note No. 386714 , section " Reason and Prerequisites" to use DBMGUI.

As of 7.9 MAXDB version you should use DBstudio MAXDB tool.

2. As of MAXDB/liveCache version 7.8 it's recommended to use the new database tool DBstudio.

The Database Studio is a newly-developed tool for the administration of SAP MaxDB databases.   DBstudio combines the functions of its predecessors "Database Manager GUI" ("DBMGUI") and "SQL Studio".

Please review SAP notes:

1097311 SAP MaxDB Database Studio installation

1464618 FAQ: SAP MaxDB Database Studio

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for yours answers,

I´ve uninstalled the DBM GUI 7.6, and installed the DB Studio 7.9.08.4. Once It´s installed and started the application, not appear anything or I don´t know how to open the connection to the livecache.

I´ve installed the DB Studio on my frontend but when I´ve tried to connect to livecache instance I get error or login, and the user and password are correct.After that I´ve introduced the user and password and click on test login, but the screen is frozen and don´t get any answer...

What I have to do?

Thanks a lot.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please update with output:

java -version

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia,

With the user sidadm I get this message when execute the command:

C:\Windows\system32>java -version

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

The E.V of  JAVA_HOME of this user is

D:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS00\exe\sapjvm_5; C:\j2sdk1.4.2_38-x64

I´ve configured the E.V PATH with the path C:\j2sdk1.4.2_38-x64\bin and now I can view the java version.

C:\Users\scdadm>java -version

java version "1.4.2_38"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_38-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.2_38-b03, mixed mode)

I´ve started the DBMStudio, and I get the same screen that appear in the previous image attached. What will be the cause?

Thanks a lot.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos

Hello Sergio,

Before you add the livecache to the DBMGUI, make sure the globallistener and xserver are started in your SCM system. Then try adding the server to the DBMGUI. When you try to add the server and enter the server name, it should show you the livecache <sid> to monitor.

I recommend you to install the Database Studio (DBStudio) which is similar to DBMGUI with more features. You can find more information about the Database Studio here

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/SAP+MaxDB+Tools#SAPMaxDBTools-DatabaseStudio

I hope I answered you questions.

Regards,

Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yashwanth,

In the server appears this three services:

XServer                    Started

XServer-7200            Started

XServer-7299            This service is not activated.

What is the globallistener service?

I´ve used the DBMGUI 7.6 in the server where the livecache instance has been installed but not appear when I added the server.

How can i to get access for to manage this instance? There are some DBM GUI version for this version of livecache 7.9 more uptaded?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Hi Serigo,
The global listener and the X servers are the communication servers of the SAP MaxDB database system. They are located on the database computer. Applications (via interfaces) and tools need them to connect to databases that are located on remote database computers.
To connect to a remote database, when you specify the database name and the database computer. Internally, the system executes the following steps:

1) The global listener receives the connection request  and sends back the port number of the database.
2) You are then directly connected to the X server of  the installation to which the database belongs, and this X server connects you to the database.
The global listener is located in the independent program directory. Go to /sapdb/programs/bin
To start run the command /sapdb/programs/bin>start sdbgloballistener
And as I already mentioned in my previous reply, I recommend you to use the latest version of DBMGUI called "Database Studio" because some of the new features available in the livecache 7.9 might not be known to the DBMGUI. You can download the Database Studio from the market place if you are an SAP Customer.
After you start the globallistener service, make sure it is started and then try adding the livecache connection - you should be able to see the <SID> of your livecache instance.
Hope this is helpful.
Regards,
Yashwanth