Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming of DME file in F110 when running payments within 10mins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i would like to ask if is it possible that we can have a enhancement in F110, wherein when running two payments consecutively, the file naming will also have increments. since the standard process of SAP in one payment run per day. so when we try to run two payments, the first one were overwritten by the second one when we check it in AL11. is there any user exit that we can use to enhance this?

thanks much,

Jhen

7 REPLIES 7

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jhen,

What is the payment run program used to generate the DME file? You can check it in the F110 configuration - trxn. FBZA.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

We're just executing transaction code F110, using a DME filename variant like 1028AP80, when we start the job, this filename was sent to AL11. but, after this, when we run again another payment, this is consecutive.. the same filename were sent to AL11, but the first one was deleted and overwritten by the second payment. this happens only if we run two payments consecutively within 10mins. so im asking is it possible to modify thsi standard process, wherein lets say we will name the first one with 1028AP80_01, then the next is 1028AP80_02.. so to avoid the overwriting of files..

Thanks,

Jhen

0 Kudos

Hello Jhen,

I understand you're executing F110 to generate the DME file. But we need to which payment run program you are using for F110 viz., RFFO*(classical pymt. program) or using the new Pymt. Medium Workbench?

Go to FBZA-->Pmnt Methods per country-->Country-->Pymt method & check the program name. Alternatively you can check the program name in the "data medium" tab of F110.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Im sorry for the confusion, here's the programs I found in F110:

RFFOAVIS

RFFOBR_U --> variant: ITAU_1068

RFFOEDI1

0 Kudos

Hello Jhen,

There are no Standard enhancement options available for changing the DME filename. You can check the subroutine datei_oeffnen in the inclue RFFORIY2.

You can create an implicit enhancement in the subroutine(remember to check the Payment method, country etc.) to populate the filepath hlp_filename as per your requirement.

If you're on a release which doesn't support Enhancement Framework(ABAP Release < 7.0), you'll have to copy the pymt. program RFFOBR_U to your custom namespace & manipulate the value of hlp_filename before the call of the subroutine datei_oeffnen.

Hope i'm clear.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I also have the same problem with F110.

The output to AL11 creates a filename 01 eg .../0180/outbox/01

When running another payment run from F110 using the same output varient, the new file is again created with extension 01 - therefore overwritting the original payment file. I want this to be 02, 03 etc.

I am using program RFFOGB_T, my varient is contaied within this and points to AL11.

I think this might be of use:

http://benxbrain.com/en/index.do?onInputProcessing(brai_object0)&001_temp=R3TR%7CPROG%7CRFFOGB_T%7C%...

All the best

Amer

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jhen,

I am not an FI Consultant but worked on a few developments on Payment Runs and Payment Files.

1.To my knowledge there is no restriction on no.of payment runs in SAP.Every Payment Run will have Payment Run Date(LAUFD) and Payment Run ID (LAUFI)  which will be Unique.On the same day if you have to do multiple runs then the we will be changing Payment Run ID (LAUFI) so that every payment run has a unique identification which can be used later for referrence.

2.It is always advisable and considered as the best practice to include the Payment Run date and Payment Run ID in the file name that is getting extracted to Application Server.This way you can overcome the risk of files getting overwritten.For ex Payment file can be named as

Payments_20140110_PID1.Usually we will club all the payments of a certain Payment Method into one Payment Run and give Payment Method as Payment Run ID while doing the Payment Run in F110.It may differ.Basic funda is to include payment run date and payment run id in the file name.

K.Kiran.