Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Run for Project.

nitesh_gawas
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Sub:- PS and PP integration.  (Construction industry).

Business Process:-  1) We have created BOM. The Bom Usage is 3(Universal).

I have assigned the (BOM) Hedear material to Activity under the network in Project.  I have select the Pur req/ reservation for WBS element.

After clicked on save, system is triggred the Purchase request and reservation.

Now, MRP is run in MD04 and MD51 for header Material. After run MRP, System is giving Header material plan, system is not planning for child component.

My Expected result:- After running MRP, System should Plan for header material as well as child component (which is assigned in the BOM).

If anybody have, PS document of Construction industry, Please provide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

I think system behavior is correct. Since there is a PR for header material, system thinks you will procure the material so no need to plan for dependents as they will come with header. General scenario is header will be assigned as reservation and manufactured in house. Then MRP will create planned order for header and PR/planned order for dependent requirements. Dependent requirements will be further procured or manufactured in house and issued to production order of header material. Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

Shrikant

nitesh_gawas
Participant
0 Kudos

Shrikant Sir,

Thanks for the answer. I am implementing PS for construction industry.

The Header material is assigned to Activity. Activity means, you can take example of Making concrete.

Concrete is header material. Child material as below.

Cement, Sand, water and bolder. i Mentioned as proporation rate.

This Concrete work giving to Subcontrctor with Material.

So, can i raise subcontracting PO through the generated PR? How this map in PS. How create subcontrcting PR in Project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

I am not Sir

As per my knowledge subcontracting PR is just like any other PR generated from PS. If you assign subcontracting material to activity, it will generate PR. Further it will be follow std subcontracting process - Discuss with MM consultant or search on google for more details.

But I feel you can even use service activity to address your requirement. Since you wont be sending any material to vendor, I dont see any advantage in going for sub-contracting process. You can create service activity of 1000 m3 of concrete work, PR will be generated and converted in PO. Then as contractor completes work, you can create service entry sheet and acceptance. Refer help.sap for more on service activity.

Let me know if you have further doubts.

Regards

Shrikant

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

when you run MRP to the wbs then you have changes in material master as following:

Concrete  create material code as SFG

Sand, water and bolder child part or part of BOM create as RM

in this situation system create for plan order for SFG and purchase req. for RM when mrp run

after then you need to release and confirm plan order and material will come under project stock

for RM PR convert into PO and MIGO rm also will come in project stock.

1. for subcontacting process you have to concern with MM team in that you need to select subcon doc in transaction ME51n with the reference of wbs or network then create PR convert into PO then make GRN via MIGO

here assume tpty storage location is third party location transfer material via MB1B with movement 311-q then create challan via j1if01 then migo wrt PO and in last reconciliation material via j1ifq

2. in ps you need to create service PR where service is existing and service PO wrt to service entry sheet and cnf to sheet then miro against sheet.

Regards,

Sanjeev chauhan

Answers (0)