cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production on request - SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with a material that is manufactured on request.  The problem is that this material is handled with 3 different codes for the production (for some variation in the process) but in the end is still the same material. When creating sales orders are made for the 3 codes, while for the customer is a single code. The customer wants to manage a single code. How could it, is it possible?. 

Thanks in advance.

Nury

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with others - try to stay away from z-development in this area. That is one thing we did during implementation and we've regretted it ever since. 

We created a copy of KNMT to make ZKNMT and changed the key so it allowed a many-to-many relationship between customer material and our material. 

Gina Feldner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much all for your help and your time.

I'll talk to sales people about option Lakshmipathi (using dot and space in the MCIR),  these codes are printed on labels for the customer to enter with barcode readers.

On the other hand, I plan to implement a User exit in transaction VA01, keeping  and Z table that contains the relationship 

Customer IDCustomer Material Code

Material Code

100100CUSTPF-001PRD123-001
100100CUSTPF-001PRD123-002
100100CUSTPF-001PRD123-003
so that before save the order, the user exit  validate and change the customer material code field (in the position of the order, since it is only proposed)  for the Ztable,  here it allows the same customer material code for several code material.
if this works I will not have to modify the print programs, but update the Z table.
Jignesh:  I've never used T-Code SO10, I don´t know how  it works,  and how I could use in this case?
thank you all for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding of your requirement. I assume

Customer is not going check the physical name on your system.

Whereas, they might be interested in having those on your prints, which you send to them.

In that case, you need to development this.

That means, you need to discuss the following option with your developer

Where, you might need a z table, to accommodate

Your Material CodeCustomer Material Code
PRD123-001CUSTFP-001
PRD123-002CUSTFP-001
PRD123-003CUSTFP-001

Further in your form for the output, provide the logic where it is going to consider your customer material code with your codes.

In case of any concerns. Do revert back with further explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hola Prakash,
Yes, we have three material codes and for the customer is one.

Material CodeCustomer Material Code
PRD123-001CUSTFP-001
PRD123-002CUSTFP-001
PRD123-003CUSTFP-001
When the ratio is one to one, we handle with info record (Customer - material) Here we relate the customer material code with the material code and this information is printed on invoices, labels, etc.  But now we have several materials code for a single customer material code and the ratio of the info records is one to one, I'm looking for ways to find a standard solution for this. Really if records info let me handle a ratio many to one (as the above table), with that would solve my problem.  I do not know if that is possible, or how I could do it.?
Thanks for your comments.
Nury Luz
jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would have wish the same thing, if CMIR could have taken care of many to one relationship. But, unfortunately, in standard, CMIR only supports one to one relationship. Which might not going help your cause.

Thats the reason, I suggested you to go for enhancement with ZTable for creating a relationship.

Customer IdCustomer Material CodeYour Material Code
100100CUSTFP-001PRD123-001
100100CUSTFP-001PRD123-002
100100CUSTFP-001PRD123-003

Further, take reference of this ZTable & provide additional logic in print program & forms used for the customer, which will take care of information to be printed on output for invoices, labels, etc.

Discuss & take help of ABAP resource for this development.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In line with JP's suggestion, one option is in the CMIR,

PRD123-001.CUSTFP-001
PRD123-002 CUSTFP-001
PRD123-003CUSTFP-001

If you see the above, there will be minute difference between each other.  For the first one,  include one preceding dot, second one with one preceding space and lastly with normal.  I think, without going for zee development, with the above small changes, you can achieve which will not have any major impact in the output.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Another option could be to use Standard Texts.

Use T-Code SO10 & generate a Text for the material decription as required by Customer.

Now in your Smartform Program insert a ABAP code to check the required Material Code, i.e. if the Material Codes is one of the three material codes than the Material Description is to be printed from SO10.

You may also explore the option of using the TVARV Table, where you can define a Variable & then pull this in Smartform.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

my understanding purpose , in production level , you create the three  material codes, then its finish product come only one ,

when you create the production material that materials creates as material type semi finished product ,

and finally up date material as finish product as one material ,

then you create the customer master as single,

When creating sales orders are made for the 3 codes,

here codes means material codes are another ,

can give some of the clarification ,