Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EARLY INSPECTION

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

My material is activated with 04 inspection and batch mgmt is active and in inspection set up early inspection is selected

now when i do the partial gr against process order system creating inspection lot and i can make a cycle

now when i make another gr against the same process order inspection lot is not creating system post the material directly to unrestricted stock

pls tell me why it is like that may i miss any setting

thanks and regards

abu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abu,

If I am not wrong, when you select 'Early Lot creation' in a particular inspection type settings like in 04, system creates an inspection lot after production/process order release.

How in your case, lot is being created after partial GR ??

Regards,

Anup

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello anup

Lot is creating on release it self

the issue is that for the second partial gr no inspection lot is generating..

abu

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abu,

System generates only one inspection lot and that too only at order release... if you select early lot creation settings in inspection type.

If you want system to generate a lot at every partial/full GR then select Control insLot value as "For each material, batch & stor loc" considering you've batch management active. With this system will generate as many lots as you post GR's for order and stock will be posted to QI.

Regards,

Anup

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

Anup is correct!

1. In fact concept of early inspection lot is meant for creating only one lot.
  2. If you do not give UD, system goes on adding the partial GRed quantity in to the same lot.
  3. You can notice that after posting several partial GRs and then observing inspection lot quantity
  4. Meantime if you give UD, then only system generates new inspection lot.
  5. If you want every time system should generate new inspection lot, you must replace early inspection lot option with For each material, batch & stor loc, as suggested by Anup

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (0)