cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item is not copied from reference document

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm encountering a message when I'm creating a returns order with reference to a billing document:

Item 000040 is not copied from the reference document

Message no. V1476

Diagnosis

The item of the reference document cannot be copied.

This could be caused by one of the following reasons:

1. The item could not be copied because of the rules for copying control.

2. The material does not exist or is marked for deletion.

3. The item category of the reference item is not allowed and no appropriate item catagory could be determined.

4. The material is not allowed because of exclusion.

5. The material is not allowed because of missing listing.

6. The material cannot be copied because of the material status.

Procedure

Check these reasons.

I already checked each of the reasons:

1. I checked the item category assignments in SPRO, as well as the copy controls from the specific billing type I'm processing to the Returns order. Materials belonging to the same item category can be processed without any issue. A copy of the material was even created to see if there is an issue with how the material is maintained. This copy was processed without any issue.

2. I already checked the material master and the material is not flagged for deletion.

3. Materials belonging to the same item category can be processed without any issue. Item category that should appear on the returns order is correct when using the other materials.

4. No exclusion record was maintained in the system (not being used).

5. No listing was maintained in the system (not being used as well)

6. No issue with material status; as stated above, a copy of the material was created (all fields in the material master are the same, just the code and description differ), and no issue was encountered when this material was processed.

Additionally, I tried doing further testing by using different billing types then creating a returns order with reference to these, but still, this material could not be copied to the returns order.

Are there any possible issues/causes I was not able to consider?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thanks for your replies.

@Yeow: The item categories are all assigned accordingly. I'm starting to think that this might not really be about copy controls. I have an item with the same general item category group in the material master, so that when I use both these materials in a sales order, the same item category is being determined for these them. Unfortunately this material is not being copied to the returns order. In fact, from all the materials I have tried so far, this is the only material that has an issue. I've already checked the material master side of this issue, but nothing seems to be wrong there.

@Srinivasan: This field is already marked. As for the transfer routine and copying requirements, I don't think there is any trouble with these. I am starting to think that this might be a material-specific issue, though I am not sure where else to check.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check the billing document 40 line item item category, i think different item category ,

based on this item category check the copy controls

at vtaf, here at item level , that particular item category ,

like TAN  to REN like this settings maintain or not

please check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in the copy control settings whether you have marked the field Copy item number at "Header" details. Also check the Data Transfer Routine and Copying requirements  then set break point and do the debugging mode then you can check what went wrong.