cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! IDM 7.2/4 and Portal roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have connected ABAP clients to the IC. Initial job ok for ABAP. To connect the portal and assign portal roles, is it also required to create repository in IC and run initial java load? Any config doc will help. I've the ones available on market place but i'm still lost. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For every system you want to be able to provision to you need the repository as well as an Initial Load which loads at least the roles/profiles/groups from that system.

In case your Portal is connected to an LDAP/ABAP Backend you also need to load/connect this.

All documentation is available here: https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8397 or in the IdM-Wiki space. Also take a look at the documentation/tutorial in ICDESIGNTIMExxx.zip or /usr/sap/Idm/...

The most important documentation for IdM-setup is Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: Configuration Guide https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26538 although it does not harm to have read them all / to know what they contain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, much appreciated.

My situation is such that, I am not allowed to directly connect to LDAP evn thou I would love to instead I will be getting a daily text extract of ldap data. So I created a job to read the ldap extract into IC store. I then then provision to the ABAP clients after initial load. I have tried to conect the VDS to the IC and the portal to the VDS using the VDS UME document but I'm not able to see the IC store data in the portal. Is my approach okay? My VDS2IC is running port 8389 while my VDS2UME runs on port 7389. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your Portal UME connected to LDAP/ADS or standalone database?

Based on the information you provided I do not see a need for VDS in your landscape so far. It is sufficient to  read the ldap data from a flat file (no LDAP-Provisioning) and create Users in ABAP & UME with IdM connectors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx so much.

I understand I can bypass VDS for ECC, IS that also true for BIZ suites apps (CRM, SRM, SCM, and even BI) bcos the config doc takes us thru VDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My portal UME is Stand alone Db

Answers (0)