cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No drop down for installed languages on SAPGUI v7.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

New implementation on ERP 6.0 but staff has prior SAP experience on older releases of R/3 at other organizations.  We recall having a drop down of the installed languages from the initial SAPGUI / SAP Logon screen.  In the current environment (ERP 6.0 EHP5), there are multiple languages installed

(i.e., DE, EN, ES, FR PL and PT) but there is no drop down list of installed languages from the logon screen of the SAPGUI. User can manually enter the two characters for their desired language (ex: EN, FR, PT, etc.) and menus are displayed correctly. However this is no drop down available from for them to select from - they must know the language code or maintain their default language (via /nSU01). Neither or these options are ideal.

The question that we are trying to resolve is: Did SAP remove this feature from ERP 6.0 or Is this an issue / change with SAPGUI v7.20 for Windows or is something missing on the setup of the languages / SMLT.

Thanks for your thoughts / knowledge.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I don't see evidence of this on 7.10, 7.20 or 7.30 gui for that matter even on 470 systems.

If you use the backspace key, you will however see a list of previously used logon languages

regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did SAP remove this feature from ERP 6.0 or Is this an issue

No. Earlier also this option is not there in that SAP.

Change with SAPGUI v7.20 for Windows or is something missing on the setup of the languages / SMLT.

May be in earlier the abap team of your company develop a code to maintain the entries in the logon screen. If you need the same you may contact the ABAP team for that functionality.

Hope this helps.

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not remember that this feature was available with SAPGUI for Windows ...

It is not depending on the ERP release - in 4.6C there is also no selection available ...

JAVA based solutions (like e.g. the Enterprise Portal) do have this functionality.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel