Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help regarding Objects ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am new in SAP so kinda struggling however i've been learning alot with your posts & replies.. hope my query will help someone else too. My issue is

I've created an Object class using SU21, say name of the object class: Z_12 & in that i've created an object called Z_Test. Now i wanna know how do i put transactions in this particular Object.

Eagerly waiting for ur response !!

regards,

Manji

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manji,

Go to SU24 and Type in the Tcode and Add the Auth. Objects you created in SU21. Select YES if you want this object to be added by default with the tcode when assigned to role thru PFCG. Else Select NO.

Please award points if this is helpful.

Regards,

Laxman

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sham,

Transaction can be secured in two ways.

--> using the default s_tcode check

--> By assigning an auth.object to the transaction.

Goto Se93--> enter the transaction code and click on the change button and assign the auth.object in the auth.object field.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manji,

Go to SU24 and Type in the Tcode and Add the Auth. Objects you created in SU21. Select YES if you want this object to be added by default with the tcode when assigned to role thru PFCG. Else Select NO.

Please award points if this is helpful.

Regards,

Laxman

0 Kudos

There is only one good way of having authorisations checked. Let an abbaper put it in a subroutine and asign that to a userexit in the orginal abap. If nu exits avvailabe that create copy of original abap and add the subroutine there.

Adding the object in SU24 will only let it show up in the profile generator, Not having it checked against the transaction!!!!

0 Kudos

I agree with you. But the question from Manji was not clear , Was he Just trying to link the Tcode to the custom Auth object he created <i>or</i> If he was trying to secure a custom table or a report through that auth. object.

0 Kudos

is it possible for me to add multiple transactions under an authorization object ? if yes, how ? ?

0 Kudos

Yes ! You can. If you are securing mulitple tcodes (either thru SE93 or Authority-Check statments in the ABAP) using the same auth. object. As mentioned earlier Repeat the same using SU24. You can also see the list of tcode where this object has been used on the Auth. Object tab in SU24.

0 Kudos

Already, will try this & give u an update.