cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 Description of Function is not generated correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

we have an issue with generating the description of Function in RAR - GRC 5.3. When we try to define an own function and generate it. The description of this function is not displayed correct but with a strange symbols like ^!.  There is not Action defined in the function, just Authorization Object. The Screenshot of the Function is below. 

P.S. we have read the note 1225227.

Thanks a lot!

Ying

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

Unfortunately, in order to upload, you need the special character and thus it will show.  The only way to get it not to show is to not use upload but instead create the critical permissions manually. This is the only option. If you need to use upload, the characters will show.

You may also refer the SAP note 1223759 for more details.

Regards,

Yukti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yukti,

thank you for your reply. I tried both, manually and upload, but the special character is always there.

Are there maybe any other reasons?

Regards,

Ying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

This symbol will only come if there is no Action related to it. It will not affect any of your rule.

you can ref SAP Note #1223759: Risk Analysis and Remediation - Permission only Risks/Rules.

Regards,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaily,

thanks for your reply. I don't think, it depends on the Action, because I've seen Function with no Action, which still shows the correct description (in other GRC 5.3 system). 

Regards,

Ying