cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.31 - AS java not able to add

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to add the AS Java in NWDS 7.31 and I am not able to add the host/instance - I am not getting any message and in the table the system is not getting updated.

Does any one have the same issue? please let me know if you have solved this issue...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis resolved the Kernal issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhaas

Can you please share more details on whats was done by basis to resolve this issue?

What exactly was done to the kernel?

Thanks

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suhaas,

Please provide some information on what's been changed by the BASIS team for this issue.

I see that Pratap already asked you for that...

Thanks,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also faced the same problem.

In SAP Management console perspective After adding the server settings it will be displayed in the SAP AS Java.

Refer the below discussion

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3188552

Regards,

Manivannan P

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

fyi, we added a new troubleshooting here in case someone would need it:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Troubleshooting

See the topmost entry there.

I hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ervin,

This Troubleshooting article is awesome. We flipped the value from SDEFAULT to DEFAULT and this resolved the problem. The system is now added to the Developer's NWDS without giving away OS Admin server accounts.

SAP provides a lot of security features and one of them is to restrict the access to the provided web methods from SAPControl web service. The change in NW 7.3 EHP 1 is that by default almost all of the provided web methods are restricted (authorization is required). It is done in the profile file with changed value DEFAULT to SDEFAULT for parameter:

service/protectedwebmethods

Best regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhaas,

Can you please share what exactly needs to be resolved by BASIS in terms of kernel...
i'm also facing the same issue and yet now unable to find any solution for it.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Abishek,

just follow this guide:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDS+Troubleshooting

(see the topmost entry here).

You need to do this change in the instance profile that is located in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile folder, and the name of the file is always: <SID>_<central instance folder name>_<hostname>

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NWDS preferences u find the sap as java then  once delete the already existing server details and add one more time . and then restart the NWDS . It will work check it . May be network problem . Check all the factors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad, I am doing same.. NWDS -> Window -> Preference -> SAP AS Java -> Adding host/instance.

And it is not working..

Any Basis configuration missing/required for getting this host and instance opened for developers???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now i am working on NWDS 7.30 its working fine. No need of additional configuration required in 7.30.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if some port(maybe p4 port) is blocked at server side, or if your ip is allowed to access the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked, The port is not blocked.. and ip is allowed to access the server.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you giving the fully qualified Host name or just the host name of the server in the NWDS..Have you maintained the ip and host name entry in the HOst file of your system/...

else, try giving the IP address, just to make sure you are able to ping to the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, tried with IP address, with full domain name etc options..

do you think basis need to do anything???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to add schreenshot...Maybe you are giving wrong details.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti

There is no error message to add a screenshot ..

I have host and instance in my network, when I tried to add in NWDS -> preferences -> SAP Java AS, it is not getting added..