Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on File to IDoc Scenario.

The file may consists of 60 to 70 records. When i test my scenario, the file adapter processes only 20 to 30 records.

How should i proceed further?

Regards,

Deepthi Premnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Based on your symptoms, it looks like PI starts processing the file before it is completely written by the sender system. This can be avoided in a few ways, only to name:

1. The sender system can create the file under temporary name, and rename the file (to match PI filename mask) after it is completely written.

2. Same as above, but instead of renaming the file, change the "Read-Only" attribute.

3. If you are using NFS transfer protocol, you can also use the attribute "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check", as described in Q2 of the Wiki below:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Sender+File+Adapter+Frequently+Asked+Questions

Regards,

Greg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is really strange behaviour, if file already written completely then PI behaving same way then create OSS note other wise try Greg suggestion

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Probabbly your adapter can't treat all the load. Have you tried to add some time in the parameter Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check?.

Regards.