cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in Server Proxy Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement where PI processess the data from legacy file to SAP.

I am confused on using RFC or Proxy...

If I were to use RFC adapter then I have to do the mappign but the monitoring is clearer and the alerts can be sent even in case of error in comm channel monitoring

If I were to use Proxy then no mapping will be required but wil I be able to send alerts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>If I were to use RFC adapter then I have to do the mappign but the monitoring is clearer and the alerts

- there is NO monitoring for RFCs in SAP backend (so it's clear meaning invisible)

>>>If I were to use Proxy then no mapping will be required but wil I be able to send alerts?

the same mapping is required as in RFC and you can monitor proxy in SAP backend

and use FEH (have a look at my blogs) to do error handling correctly

you can use alerts in both cases in the same way,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks .. I wll look into FEH and get back to you if I have any queries...

The reason I wanted RFC was that if the communication link between PI system and ECC is don some reason.. then via communication channel monitoring the error is visible and the alert can be configured for it ...

Thanks Shabarish ... I will use the fault messaages too...

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the update on the FEH.. we plan to do it in ECC...

However.. my doubt is that if there is a communication failure between XI and ECC . then how can we see this?

FEH will raise the alert for the data passed from PI , but if the data itself has nt reached then?

Like we can see it in the comm channel monitoring for RFC adapter... how do we see it for proxy?

Regards,

Teja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Proxy is better than RFC with respect to performance. I do not see any difference between RFC and Proxy with regards to alerts. System errors can be handled as alerts. You need to handle application errors in the system anyway...

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a standard RFC available? If so go with that. Else my preference will be to go for a proxy. You can put in error handling as mentioned by Mike and also even use fault messages to put in additional error handling.