Hi,

My general Production process

Component X will go thru the Operations as below

Step 1: Operation 10

Step 2: Operation 20

Step 3: Operation 30

If Component X is accounted as rework.

For rework need to follow the below process

Step 1: Operation 05 (New Operation for Rework)

Step 2: Operation 10

Step 3: Operation 20

Step 4: Operation 30

* How to address the issue?

* Whether to create Rework production Order or New Production Order?

* If Rework Production Order.how to do?

* How to calculate the Rework Cost?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rame,

There are different ways of capturing the rework cost.

1.The rework operation confirmation and its cost can be captured in the same production order or

else a separate production order (production order without material) can be created using CO07 and

it can be used for confirming the activities and the extra components along in CO15(where in you

cannot perform any GR against this rework production order).

2.IF you want to capture in the same order,add manually one more operation say 0011,next to

operation 0010(only for the quantity to be reworked),mention the work center,quantity and activity

details.

3.Now say for an order quantity of 100,first operation confirmed = 90 and rework 10,then confirm 0011

for 10 and then proceed for 0020 for 100 quantity.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Mangalraj

@ Anup

I was just figuring out if the QM is in process, they why not use the QM Order QN01(Non Conformity costs) which can be used to confirm the operations using activity type and cost center and so over a period of time we can see the total no of rework orders created and rework cost collected over period of time.

Just a view...Provide ur opinons if this may work as rework is a quality issue so use a quality order and not a process or production order.

Murad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SAPrame,

I will suggest go with the options provided by mangalraj.

we normally implement the solution of inserting a new operation, if the rework is specific to that order and if there is a rework to be done for specific quantity of that order.

And generally, a new production order rework is entertained, when you need to rework on the entire produced quantity, that means after finishing all the operation steps of the production order.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sandeep Siddamshetty

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep

Can you comment on my below suggestion,

Just want to know whether my suggestion will work and whether this is standard practise in case QM is implemented.

Your solution is agreed upon in case we dont have QM in place and have to manage with only PP.

"

I was just figuring out if the QM is in process, they why not use the QM Order QN01(Non Conformity costs) which can be used to confirm the operations using activity type and cost center and so over a period of time we can see the total no of rework orders created and rework cost collected over period of time.

Just a view...Provide ur opinons if this may work as rework is a quality issue so use a quality order and not a process or production order.

"

Murad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murad,

first, all the discussion depends on the Business/ user requirements and Best practice solutions.

You can definetly define a Inspection Plan, assign resource and  activities and create a QM order. But, can you capture all the activities of Production in this functionality? 

Before going to your suggestion. let me know few things:

1. In order to pick the rejected material in a new order, we need to have a new material code and the cost of that material. (doesnt matter if it is PP order type or QM order type). So every rejected material cannot be of same quality or cost.
  2. If you want to call the rejected material under the expected Finished product and tag to the QM order, then what will be cost of the rejected material? what about the value addition done by the production steps?

so, the best practice is, involving QM orders also, is:

Scenario 1:

If the rejection is during Production, then associate the in process inspection lot to the QM order(if and only if you want to capture the cost involved in doing the inspection, not to capture production cost). you can attach this QM lot to notifcation and refer to the production order, so the track of activities is done. and they can process the material within the same production order by adding extra or rework operations.

Scenario 2.

if the stock produced is rejected by Quality, then again, u can use QM order and QM notification to track and capture the changes and costs, so that a decision suggested by QM can be captured either in Usage decision or in notification.

Hope this helps....

Regards,
Sandeep

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murad,

In case if you want to capture it through QM order,then from PP Perspective ,there will be a

mismatch between the order quantity,yield at each operation,rework and scrap quantity.

Say if we are going as per my suggestions,then we can capture the rework quantity properly and it

can be confirmed and then this rework confirmed quantity+yield quantity will become the next

operations yield quantity.

In case if are trying to capture the same through the QM process as you have suggested,then during

the next operation confirmation,the system allows to confirm the previous operations yield quantity.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saprame,

You can use Rework Production Order for this case.

In order to have this, there is nothing more extra/new you need to do... You just need to define a new Production Order Type, maintain all requried config parameters and use as any other normal production order type (e.g. PP01).

Having rework production order, you will be able to capture/report reworks done in a particular period/plant etc...

Refer link for more info: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1861125

Regards,

Anup

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Create two routing

First use for normal process.

Step 1: Operation 10

Step 2: Operation 20

Step 3: Operation 30

Second for rework

Step 1: Operation 05 (New Operation for Rework)

Step 2: Operation 10

Step 3: Operation 20

Step 4: Operation 30

While creating the order select the required routing means at rework use second routing.

Rework Cost will get capture as per the second routing first operation cost.

For more details refer this blog,

Regards,

R.Brahmankar