cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc segments missing in the final output

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Using a file - idoc mapping. have mapped all relevant fields, but in the output only segments show up. not getting all the mapped segments when i test this message mapping. Could anybody please guide me.

thxm

Pradip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

Check if the criteria of node creation is satisfied..........the top level node in each heirarchy shuold be mapped.......then only that node will appear in target data....map to a constant that header node - so that that node appears in target.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh / Rajeev,

Thanks for you responses. But the problem is that the source message contains one header and lot of items details. Somehow data for only the first set of items is showing up on the output side. What could be the reason for this?

thx,

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

Then you will have to use SplitByValue function ......you will have

source->SplitByValue->target mapping........This will resolve your query.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rajeev,

You probably got me wrong. The source and target message are fine and have been mapped. They don't repeat in the structure. It is just that when i go to test the mapping, the test file contains many line items. All the line items don't show up in the test. Wht is the reason for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

see the cardinality of the node which is having the line items......if it is 0..1 then only the first line item will be used in mapping...........if it is 0..unbounded then only all your line items will be shown........so in your mapping test, in source file can you see all the line items in the tree structure.......check the cardinality of your target node also............if it is 0..1 then only the first line item of source will be mapped.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the response. That fixed the problem.

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

Cheers.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use this blog and test your mapping,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards

Bhavesh