cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress automatical processing of failed smq2 LUW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

We are trying to stop the LUW in SMQ2 from getting reprocessed in ECC because there is a problem in the proxy. I have gone through OSS note 813029. Also, I have made the following parameter changes:

- IS_RETRY_LIMIT is 0

- sxmb_restart_messages isn't running

- qrfc_restart_allowed is set to 0

- RSQIWKEX is not running.

However, the LUW still keeps getting rerun. Please advise if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Arvind.

We only have the problem on production. MONI in ECC only shows one message and the payload in the message looks normal. However, the data in the payload is duplicated multiple times

Thanks,

Jonathan.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in most cases these which you've already mentioned are enough - I think you maybe have something non standard running

can you check the jobs in SM37 on ECC with something like *restart* or check their names in general if you don't have thousands,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michal.

Thank you for your response. I have already spent the whole afternoon yesterday reviewing the jobs in sm37 and did not find anything. Note that this is a development system and we don't have too many jobs running. Is there any configuration in SMQR or SMQ2 that you know of that can change the LUW restart?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, the production issue we are troubleshooting is that somehow a proxy is getting rerun multiple times(betweeen 2 - 5 times) in ECC. However, we don't see any error in MONI and the payload is normal without duplicates. So we are trying to find out what could happen.

Please advise if you have seen this problem before.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have multiple server nodes?

Do you see multiple messages in PI? Do you see multiple messages in ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Reddy.

There are multiple apps servers on both ECC and PI. However, only one message shows in MONI. However, the message seems to be processed a few times and we don't know the reason. We know that the data got created a few times. The log in MONI doesn't show anything strange.

When we run debug against the proxy, we got a second, then third debug session when we are debugging the proxy. These duplicate session rerun the same proxy from the beginning. So that explains why we get dup data. However, we cannot explain why the dup debug session comes out from nowhere.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how many messages do you find in ECC SXMB_MONI

Doe sthe same happen in your DEV, QA system