cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM_OPEN_DIALOG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was going through one of the tutorial in which the component/interface window assigned to the mainview had a button 'address' in it. It was handled in the component controller

on the override_event_oif method

if io_oif->mo_event->mv_event_id = 'FPM_OPEN_DIALOG'.

io_oif->cancel_event( ).

endif.

It never reaches this method since the button is part of component view. What am I missing.

the toolbar if it is added would be outside the view/tab. This address button was within the tab. So I assume it must be of the view. So it doesn't get handled by the override_event_oif.

Can you somebody explain what is happening.

Thanks

karuppan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This method would net get called if you have not done proper configuration settings.

Please make sure that when you are creating application configuration, you have to go and explicitly change the GLOBAL SETTINGS. In the global settings give your component's name and this method will get called.

For reference,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Usage+of+FPM+application+controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you answer.

But I as I said it the button on the view. not the one on the toolbar(CNR) or the tabs of main view. They stop at break-point when I click on save/close or switching between tab. But when  you click on the button on the window/view of a component(of the main view) it doesn't stop at the over ride method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. Correct. In this case it will only go to the action handler method of the button.

But if you want to trigger the override method, you could raise a dummy FPM event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I thought in the tutorial it looked like he is clicking on the address from within the view and override the button action with the FPM to redirect to someother view. Here is the link to the tutorial.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/706e7dcf-b5a4-2e10-7185-8cfbb1b99901&override...

Thanks again for responding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From this tutorial I can explain why the OVERRIDE_EVENT_OIF is getting called.

1. The address button is in the View.

2. In the event handler for this button the following code is written IF_OIF->OPEN_DIALOG_BOX( .... with parameters .. ).

3. When you call this method, an FPM event FPM_OPEN_DIALOG gets triggered automatically.

4. Since this is a FPM event, it first goes to OVERRIDE_EVENT_OIF and then PROCESS_EVENT.

I am guessing you have not done this coding in the event handler for Address button.

Do the following:

1. Add a dialog box while creating application configuration.

2. And use OPEN_DIALOG_BOX of your OIF instance to open a dialog box.

Your method should get triggered.

Hope you understand. Post back for further clarifications if required.

Khushboo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Khusboo!!