cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Instruction Attachment Points

former_member756422
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP ME. I'm using the ChangeWorkInstruction web service request (from the WorkInstructionProcessingInBinding WSDL) to add attachment points to an existing work instruction. I'm doing this from MII. The Change or Update web service call completely replaces the current work instruction attachment points with data in its structure. So I'm forced to first copy all the current attachment points that I want to keep, combine that list with the new attachment point, and then push the whole thing back to ME.

I'm using ME v6.0.3.4 Counter 33. In order to copy the current attachment points, unfortunately I can't use the FindWorkInstructionByBasicData web service call because it's broken. I get this error: com.visiprise.frame.mapping.bean.BeanMappingException: Cannot map type java.util.ArrayList to com.sap.xi.me.WorkInstructionAttachmentPointList (field 'attachmentList'). So I'm having to develop a complex query to get the data from ME tables. Is there an easier way to append attachment points to a work instruction that already has attachment points?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

As far as I know most of webservices use old Data EXchange interface and it was designed to 'replace' everything. I believe you may find some forum threads and SAP Notes about this.

So, you will need to copy all the existing data.

As to the FindWorkInstructionByBasicData web service; I have not tried it in 6.0.3.4 yet. Could you share with us a request you send?

Best regards,

Alex.

P.S.: quite similar SAP Note for your reference: #1503275

Message was edited by: Alexander Teslyuk

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Your situation is described in SAP Note 1655367 which in turn refers to SAP Note 1503275 as a particular case.

So, the simplest solution is to fix the Find webservice, if you are sure it is broken. You are welocome to submit a support ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue is being worked by development and will be fixed in one of the next patched. No need in new ticket.

Konstantin

former_member756422
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Alex, Sergiy, and Konstantin.

Konstantin, do you know when this patch will be available? Thanks, Jeff

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has not been decided yet. I belive it will be next patch as the issue is pretty urgent and could be a showstopper for many customers.

Answers (0)